View Profile 
Paris Muse, a small private educational tour company is seeking part-time guides, to lead small groups (4 or less) of English-speaking visitors (both adults and children) in the city’s major museums. The position is part-time with flexible hours, so it is ideally suited for Ph.D. students or young scholars in art history, history, or museum education, working on research projects in Paris. Candidates should be planning to live in Paris for at least one academic year. It requires a minimum commitment of 5-6 hours per week. Pay begins at 40 euros per hour, but the position requires a commitment of unpaid prep and training, to learn the program material.
The position requires the following qualifications:
• An ability to discuss art in an accessible jargon-free manner to a non-academic audience.
• MA in art history, museum studies, history. A.B.D. preferred.
• Extensive teaching experience, preferably including museum docent work.
• An outgoing personality and impeccable interpersonal skills. There is a strong social component to this position that requires guides to be at ease with a diverse range of museum visitors.
• Excellent verbal communication skills.
• A broad knowledge of art history, beyond area of specialization.
Please send CV and cover letter, detailing your qualifications and the specific programs (from our website) you would be interested in leading.
Email: Inge Laino, Director (firstname.lastname@example.org)