View Profile 
David T. Mitchell
University of Illinois at Chicago
Disabled people and eugenics
|Interests:||African American History / Studies
American History / Studies
Art and Art History
History of Science, Medicine, and Technology
Holocaust, Genocide, and Memory Studies
Political History / Studies
Women, Gender, and Sexuality
Ph.D., American Studies, U of Michigan, 1993
1. Narrative Prosthesis: Disability and the Dependencies of Discourse (U of Michigan P, 2000).
2. Cultural Locations of Disability (U of Chicago P, 2005).
Two edited collections:
1. The Body and Physical Difference: Discourses of Disability (U of Michigan P, 1997).
2. Eugenics in America, 1848-1945 (U of Michigan P, 2005).
1. Encyclopedia of Disability (Sage P, 2005).
Numerous essays and articles.