View Profile 
Richard I. Pate <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Danville Area Community College
|Address:||2000 E. Main
Danville, Illinois 61832
|List Affiliations:||Advisory Board Member for H-Illinois
List Editor for H-Illinois
Review Editor for H-Illinois
|Interests:||American History / Studies
Richard Ian Pate
(1) Professional Preparation
Danville Area Community College Education Associates of Science 1980
University of Illinois Education B.S. 1982
University of Illinois History M.A. 1987
2002- Present Lead Instructor for Social Science, DACC
2002-Present Professor of History, DACC (DACC added the designation in 2002)
1987-2002 Instructor, History, Danville Area Community College (DACC)
1. "Putting Courses on the Web May Benefit Your Traditional Classroom." The Organization of American Historians Magazine of History. Vol. 15, No. 3, (Spring 2001): 52-55.
(IV) Synergistic Activities
1. Organized yearly workshops for Danville Area Community College District Social Science Teachers since 1987. The last five years have included components on the applications of technology in the classroom, as well as the ethical implications of the use of technology.
2. Introduced the first online class offered by Danville Area Community College in 1999. In the last three years I have developed 4 more courses for the college. Three more are in the works, including a class on the "History of Technology in America."
3. Granted the first sabbatical in 6 years by Danville Area Community College in the fall of 2001to develop online courses for the Liberal Arts Division and provide online development resources for the college's entire faculty. These resources are also available for our local 6-12 teachers.
4. Presented on the impact of web based learning on students at the Illinois Community College Faculty Association in the fall of 2000 and chaired a session on web based historical resources at the Illinois State Historical Society's annual conference in the fall of 2001. Also served as an advisor to the LeCroy Center for Educational Telecommunications of the Dallas County Community College District production "Surviving and Thriving in Your First Online Course."
5. Named "Faculty Member of the Year" at Danville Area Community College in 1995 and was awarded a "National Excellence Award" from the National Institute of Staff Organization and Development. Granted granted "Preferred Provider" status by the state of Illinois to provided certified training and development programs for teachers in the state of Illinois in the fall of 2002.