View Profile 
Blythe F. Hinitz <email@example.com>
The College of New Jersey
History of Early Childhood Education
|List Affiliations:||Advisory Board Member for H-Education
|Reviews:||Selected Highlights of the HES Annual Meeting: Part I--An Introduction
PART III: Selected Highlights of the 2003 HES Meeting
PART IV: "Local Lessons" Roundtable
|Interests:||Ethnic History / Studies
Holocaust, Genocide, and Memory Studies
Native American History / Studies
Urban History / Studies
Women, Gender, and Sexuality
Distinguished Professor of Elementary and Early Childhood Education
The College of New Jersey
Ed.D. Temple University [Historical Dissertation]
*Exchange* Exceptional Master Leader 2015
Hero of Early Childhood Education NAEYC History Seminar 2011
Outstanding Teacher Educator National Association of Early Childhood Teacher Educators 2007
Outstanding Researcher New Jersey Association of Early Childhood Teacher Educators 2006
*The Hidden History of Early Childhood Education* (Editor) (2013) NY: Routledge
*History of Early Childhood Education* (2000/paper 2011) NY: Routledge
*Teaching Social Studies to the Young Child* Garland 1992
Chapters: (1) "History of Early Childhood Teacher Education," in Couse, L. & Recchia, S., Eds. (2016). *Handbook of Early Childhood Teacher Education*. NY: Routledge.
(2)“History of Early Childhood Education in Multicultural Perspective,” in Roopnarine, J. & Johnson, J., Eds. (2013). *Approaches to Early Childhood Education*. 6th ed. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson.
(3) “Blythe Hinitz on Our Multicultural History as a Profession,” in Jalongo, M.R. & Isenberg, J.P. (2011). *Exploring Your Role in Early Childhood Education*. 4th ed. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson.
(4)"Practical Applications from the History of Gender and Early Childhood Education," in Jacobson, T. Ed. (2011) *Perspectives on Gender in Early Childhood*. St. Paul, MN: Redleaf Press.
(5) “Historical Research in Early Childhood Education,” in Spodek, B. & O. Saracho, Eds. (2006). *Handbook of Research on the Education of Young Children*. 2nd ed. Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Publishers.
Journal articles: (1) "Head Start: A Bridge from Past to Future," in *Young Children* Vol. 69 No. 2 (2014, May).
(2) "The United States and the World: A History of Connections in Early Childhood Education," in *History of Education Quarterly* Vol. 49 No. 2 (2009, May).
Papers: (1) *Head Start at Fifty: A Critical Historical Review.* American Educational Research Association, Chicago, IL. 17 April, 2015.
(2) Honoring the Civil Rights Law at 50: The Role of Early Childhood Education Practice in the "Freedom Summer" of 1964 and the U.S. Civil Rights Movement. National Association for the Education of Young Children. Dallas, TX. 7 November 2014.
(3) Convener & Chair Panel: *The Effects of War on Early Years Programs* –including papers by Drs. Betty Liebovich, Edna Ranck & Hinitz. Discussant: Dr. Kristen D. Nawrotzki. International Standing Conference on the History of Education -ISCHE 36. Institute of Education, University of London, England, UK. 25 July 2014.
Blythe Hinitz Paper: The U.S. Kaiser [Shipbuilding] Child Care Centers in World War II.
(4) History of Education Society, U.S.- Panel - *Against All Odds: How Female Leaders of Schools Demonstrated Their Mettle*. Blythe Hinitz Chair, Organizer & Margaret Naumburg; Mary Hauser - Caroline Pratt; Nick O'Han - Elizabeth Irwin; Shannon Hart - Elizabeth Harrison & Rumah Crouse; Edna Ranck, discussant. Oct. 23, 2005.
(5) International Froebel Society, Hinitz & Hewes, *Our Hidden Historical Past* June 30, 2006.