Associate Professor/Assistant Professor (2 positions)
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Position:||Assistant Professor, Associate Professor|
HONG KONG BAPTIST UNIVERSITY
FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
DEPARTMENT OF HISTORY
Associate Professor/Assistant Professor (2 positions) (PR0175/23-24)
The Department is looking for qualified candidates to fill two tenure-track positions at the ranks of Assistant Professor and/or Associate Professor. Potential candidates should exhibit the following attributes:
• Hold a PhD in history or a related subject, with teaching and research experience in the higher education sector;
• Have a solid publication record with an active research agenda;
• Possess expertise in any historical sub-fields, preferably in the following areas:
- European History
- History of North America
- Global/Transnational/Comparative History
- History of Oceania
- Digital History
- Public History
- Middle-period Chinese History;
• Able to deliver some of the following courses and other occasional courses offered as topic studies:
- Themes in Modern European History
- Nineteenth Century European History
- Europe since the First World War
- Western Intellectual Thought
- Origins of Western Imperialism
- Cultures of Innovation and Invention in European History
- History of the United States to 1877
- History of the United States since 1877
- The US in the World in the Twentieth Century
- History of Africa since Independence
- History, Heritage and Human Communities
- World History: Civilisations in Contact
- Fashion in History
• Having a previous successful research grant record would be an advantage.
Candidates who will contribute to the cultural and academic diversity of the Department are strongly encouraged to apply. The initial appointment will be offered on a fixed-term contract of three years commencing from August 2024. Re-appointment thereafter will be subject to mutual agreement and availability of funding.
Terms of Appointment
Starting salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Benefits include contribution by the University to a retirement benefits scheme and/or a gratuity payable upon satisfactory completion of contract, annual leave, medical & dental benefits for appointee & family, housing assistance and relocation allowance where applicable.
Applicants are invited to submit their applications at the HKBU e-Recruitment System (https://jobs.hkbu.edu.hk) with samples of publications, preferably the best three out of their most recent publications/works. They should also request two referees to send in confidential letters of reference, with the PR number (stated above) quoted on the letters, directly to the Human Resources Office (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org). Those who are not invited for interview 4 months after the submission of the application may consider their applications unsuccessful. All application materials including publication samples, and scholarly/creative works will be disposed of after completion of the recruitment exercise unless upon request. Details of the Personal Information Collection Statement can be found at https://hro.hkbu.edu.hk/pics.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment for the post advertised, and the appointment will be made according to the terms and conditions applicable at the time of offer.
Review of applications is ongoing until the position is filled.
|Primary Category:||History Education