Shanghai Normal University, College of Humanities
Lecturers, Associate Professors and Full Professors
|Institution Type:||Public/Private Archive|
Job Posting at Shanghai Normal University, China
To meet the needs of the rapidly developing Area Studies and the World/Global History field, to build the FIRST internationalized “Center for Indo-Pacific Studies” in China, Shanghai Normal University is excited to seek applications internationally for three or more tenure-track-like positions in Southeast Asian Studies and South Studies in the fields of history, international relations, anthropology, political science, sociology, women’s history/gender studies, linguistics, literature, religion, etc. Ranks are open (lecturer, associate professor, or professor), and the requirements are as follows:
- Ph. D. degree from world top universities.
- Native or nearly native fluency in English, and are proficient in one Southeast or South Asian language (Burmese, Thai, Vietnamese, Indonesian/Malay, Filipino, etc.; Sanskrit, Pali, Hindu, Bengali, Urdu, etc.); ability in teaching one of these Asian languages is a plus.
- Strong ability in research, teaching, and publishing works in world top journals and academic presses.
- Knowledge in Chinese language is a plus but not required.
Successful candidates teach two classes per semester; are required to publish one article in world top academic journals per year; have other related responsibilities. Terms related to tenure-like positions, salary, and other conditions will be determined individually.
Applicants should send the following materials in English to SUN Laichen (Lsun@fullerton.edu):
(1) CV; (2) Digitized copy of dissertation (or book for senior scholars); (3) Photo copy of Ph. D. degree diploma; (4) Three recommendation letters from senior scholars in one’s field; (5) Two representative published articles; (6) Proof of linguistic ability.
Deadline for application: April 27, 2024.
Shanghai Normal University (SHNU) is located in Shanghai, the most internationalized city in China. For more information about SHNU, please visit http://english.shnu.edu.cn/main.htm
Laichen Sun (Lsun@fullerton.edu)
|Primary Category:||Asian History / Studies