Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Middle East Studies
Iranian studies or Gulf studies
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Position:||Assistant Professor, Associate Professor|
The Department of Middle East Studies at Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Israel, invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track position.
Applications may be in Iranian studies (or "the Persianate World") or Gulf studies (including one or more of the Arab Gulf states) in the medieval, early-modern, or modern periods. The position will begin on 1 October 2024. The deadline for application is 8 October 2023.
Successful candidates must hold a Ph.D. S/he will be expected to actively engage in research, supervise graduate students, and take part in the academic activity in the Department of Middle East Studies, in addition to teaching undergraduate and graduate courses on Iranian/Gulf studies covering various periods.
Candidates are expected to hold a Ph.D. Ph.D. candidates may also apply, but they will have to present a letter from their advisor, committing to graduation by March 1, 2024.
Candidates are expected to demonstrate commitment to full-time teaching, supervision of graduate students, and service to the department, faculty and the university. Candidates are equally expected to present an active research and publication agenda. The instruction language is Hebrew.
The application should include:
1. A Curriculum Vitae with contact information.
2. A cover letter.
3. A description of the research and teaching agenda.
4. Recent publications and/or writing samples.
5. Letters of reference (see below).
• For the rank of Lecturer: 3-4 References, at least 2 "independent" and at least 2 from institutions abroad.
• For the rank of Senior Lecturer: 4-5 References, at least 2 "independent" and at least 2 from institutions abroad.
• For the rank of Professor: 5-6 References, at least 4 "independent" and at least 3 from institutions abroad.
One of the letters should be from the candidate's supervisor (Ph.D., M.A., Post Doc)
For more information please contact:
Prof. Relli Shechter, Chair
Department of Middle East Studies
Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva
|Primary Category:||Middle East History / Studies