Idaho State University, Department of History
US and Military History Adjunct
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||Idaho, United States|
- Idaho State University History Department
- Online Adjunct Pool
- M.A. minimum qualification; PhD preferred
- Instructor needed for US history courses, including military history and upper division survey.
- Instruction is asynchronous online through the Moodle course platform. The instructor is not required to reside near the university.
- Applicants are invited to send a CV and syllabus to Zack Heern at firstname.lastname@example.org with US History in the subject line. Applicants must also be able to provide 3 letters of recomendation if chosen for the position.
- Open until filled
- Course description of HIST 4449 American Military Experience (cross listed with Military Science): Introduction to American military experience. Personal and military examples of changes made as a result of lessons learned from history.
- Accounts from all major wars and battles throughout U.S. history are described to focus on how leadership decisions affected the success or failure of military operations.
- Course description of HIST 4409 Modern United States: An historical examination of the United States from the 1930s to the present, focusing on the Great Depression, New Deal, World War II, the U.S. rise to global power, its maturation as a mass society, the rise and decline of liberalism and conservatism, the Civil Rights Movement, the Vietnam War, the changing nature of citizenship and culture, and the end of the Cold War.
Dr. Zackery Heern
|Primary Category:||Military History