Westlake University, Center for Undergraduate Education
Teaching Faculty Positions in Psychology
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Position:||Instructor, Lecturer, Non-Tenure Track Faculty|
Westlake University is a new type of non-profit research-oriented university in the People's Republic of China, supported by public and private funding. At Westlake, we strive for excellence in advanced research and nourish talented change-makers while remaining small and refined to ensure research and education quality.
Our three schools, School of Life Sciences, School of Science, and School of Engineering, focus on selected natural and life sciences and engineering disciplines, emphasizing interdisciplinary collaboration. Our goal is to cultivate generations of talent that dare to step into the unknown and are willing to take social responsibility.
Westlake University is currently accepting multiple applications from high-level talent for teaching faculty positions in Psychology to expand the university's professional teaching force further, establish a high-level teaching system aligned with the university's mission and goals, and provide students with firm learning guidance and support. The specific job responsibilities and application requirements are as follows:
Teaching Faculty Position in Psychology
Number of recruits：1
1. Develop bilingual psychology curricula for doctoral and undergraduate students according to the requirements of national and governmental regulations, teach mental health courses to doctoral and future undergraduate students.
2. Provide individual/group psychological consulting.
3. Maintain current competency in psychological consulting and teaching through active learning and self-training.
4. Organize mental health activities for students, faculty, and staff.
5. Organize or participate in other psychology-related activities on campus.
1. Possess or acquire a strong familiarity with Westlake University; strong professional ethics and sense of dedication in teaching which aligns with Westlake University’s missions and goals.
2. Ph.D. degree in psychology or closely related fields obtained from a leading Chinese or international university.
3. Great professional knowledge and academic competency, experience in teaching mental health courses, and familiarity with the characteristics and patterns of university students’ mental health issues.
4. Certifications or licenses in psychological consultancy, able to spot and intervene in mental health risks and provide individual and group psychological consulting.
5. Strong communication, writing, and interpersonal skills; comfortable teaching in both English and Chinese.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Westlake University offers an internationally competitive salary, an attractive benefits package, and comprehensive insurance coverage.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICANTS:
To apply, please send the following documents in English as a single PDF file to email@example.com:
1. Cover letter
2. Curriculum vitae
3. Teaching statement describing your teaching philosophy
4. Course description and syllabus for a proposed introductory undergraduate course
5. A list of at least three professional references with complete contact information
Please indicate “Position Name-Applicant’s Name-Information Source” in the email subject lines and the CV attachment title.
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. Outstanding short-listed applicants will be contacted for interviews. Interviews will continue until all positions are filled.
Westlake University is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals of all ethnic backgrounds and countries.
No. 600 Dunyu Road, Sandun Town, Xihu District, Hangzhou, Zhejiang PR ChinaPost code：310030
No.18 Shilongshan Road Cloud Town, Xihu District, Hangzhou, Zhejiang PR ChinaPost code：310024