ASSISTANT PROFESSOR (TENURE-TRACK) FACULTY POSITION-JUDAIC STUDIES
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||Maryland, United States|
ABOUT GOUCHER COLLEGE:
Since its founding in 1885, Goucher College has been a place of innovation and excellence. As a private liberal arts college, Goucher is dedicated to teaching students to be complex problem-solvers prepared for the jobs of the future. Small class sizes, a rigorous curriculum, and dedicated faculty and staff allow for personalized mentorship for each student. Named one of the most innovative colleges in the country by U.S. News & World Report, Goucher is a leader in global education and was one of the first colleges in the country to offer 100% study abroad. Approximately 1,100 undergraduate and 900 graduate students form the close-knit and vibrant Goucher community.
Goucher College is always on the lookout for top talent, resourceful, innovative, and dedicated individuals who will keep the College at the forefront of extraordinary education. As one of the nation's most progressive, innovative institutions of higher learning, we offer outstanding professional advantages, generous benefits, excellent perks, and a great work location!
Goucher College invites applications for an endowed professorship (full-time, ten-month, tenure-track position) at the rank of Assistant Professor in the Department of Cultural Studies, starting in August 2023. We are seeking a dynamic colleague whose courses and research interests are rooted at the intersection between Judaic studies and American history and culture. This individual will contribute to the Department's American Studies major, Religion and Justice minor and other programs through courses on Jewish religion, history, and culture. The successful candidate will also teach courses that meet our core curriculum - the Goucher Commons. The course load for this position is five four-credit courses per academic year (two of which must be Judaic Studies). In addition to teaching responsibilities, candidates will be expected to have an ongoing scholarly research agenda and to provide departmental and college-wide service. As the majority of Goucher's American Studies majors are students in the Goucher Prison Education Partnership, this individual will be encouraged to participate in this growing component of the Goucher College educational experience.
- Ph.D. in Judaic Studies, American Studies, or a closely related field by time of appointment. The area of specialization must be in Judaic studies, broadly defined.
- Interdisciplinary teaching and research experience in Judaic studies.
- Active research agenda
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Interest and/or experience in higher education in prisons
- Minimum two years of teaching experience using inclusive pedagogies
- Teaching and research experience at the intersection between Judaic studies and American culture.
Salary Range: $63,000 - $67,387
For consideration interested candidates should submit the following materials:
- A cover letter that explains how the candidate's teaching and research experiences could contribute toward our understanding of Judaic studies
- A curriculum vitae
- A statement of teaching philosophy and research interests
- A statement on commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. This statement should demonstrate the candidate's ability to work across diverse groups and contribute to inclusivity in the campus community
- Contact information for three references. Recommendation letters will be solicited if selected for a Zoom interview.
- Unofficial transcripts (official transcripts must be submitted at the time of hire).
Candidates should submit their materials via http://goucher.interviewexchange.com. The review of applications will begin on March 1, 2023, and will continue until the position is filled. Questions should be directed to Ann Duncan, email: email@example.com, Professor of American Studies and Religion and Chair, Department of Cultural Studies.
Goucher College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Quicklink to apply: https://goucher.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=158109
|Primary Category:||Jewish History / Studies