Beijing Normal University - Hong Kong Baptist University United International College
Head of Chinese Language and Culture Centre
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Position:||Director, Full Professor|
About Chinese Language and Culture Centre (CLC)
The Chinese Language and Culture Centre is reporting to the School of General Education and is responsible for the provision of university core courses of the undergraduate curriculum covering Chinese language, culture, history, philosophy and contemporary development in China. The appointee should be a visionary leader who is responsible to manage the academic and administrative affairs of the Centre with a pool of about 30 committed teaching and administrative staff.
The Centre Head is expected to:
1. Be responsible for providing effective leadership for the execution of the SGE’s initiatives and planning;
2. Be responsible for curriculum development, course delivery, teaching resources planning, teaching and assessment quality assurance, research, staff development and activities organization;
3. Promote the study of Chinese culture and oversee the quality assurance process of teaching and assessment, participate in class teaching, class design, and exam marking, promote the study of traditional Chinese culture;
4. Develop the ideological and political education courses, and improve the teaching and learning effectiveness of these courses.
1. Appointee should hold a Ph.D. degree in the related fields from a recognized university and has an excellent teaching and research record in higher education;
2. Appointee is currently holding a post of Associate Professor or above and possess academic scholarship in the field of Chinese language, culture and history, contemporary China, as well as relevant academic administrative leadership experience;
3. Excellent in Chinese writing and speaking, nearly native language proficiency in English;
4. Preference will be given to the candidate who has familiarity with the higher education system in both Hong Kong and Chinese Mainland, and has strong commitment to the promotion and implementation of liberal arts education.
Benefits and Appointment Terms
Commencing salaries will be commensurate with qualifications and relevant experience. Fringe benefits include housing allowance, leave, and social insurance. Appointment to this position will initially be made on a fixed-term contract of two years. Continuation of appointment beyond the initial term will be subject to mutual agreement.
*Please complete the job application form and upload the requested documents online:
*If you failed to submit your application online, please send your application by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should include a curriculum vitae and a completed "Job Application Form" which can be downloaded from https://hro.uic.edu.cn/Job_Opportunities_/Application_Procedure.htm. Please indicate the position being applied for, including the field of expertise, level and reference number.
The College reserves the right not to fill this position, or to extend the search until suitable candidates are identified or to make an appointment by invitation.
|Primary Category:||Asian History / Studies