Kennesaw State University, History & Philosophy
Assistant Professor of History Education
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||Georgia, United States|
Kennesaw State University is accepting applications for a nine-month, tenure track, Assistant Professor of History Education in the Department of History and Philosophy with broad expertise in history education and social studies, beginning August 2023.
A commitment to excellence in teaching and engagement is expected of all faculty members in the Radow College of Humanities and Social Sciences at KSU.
• teach and develop courses in their field (at the undergraduate and graduate level)
• teach undergraduate survey courses in history
• serve the department, college, university, and/or professional community
• ensure and gauge student success
• produce scholarship appropriate for faculty at an R2 university with a "higher research activity" designation
Teaching assignments will be based on earned degrees and SACSCOC Faculty Credentials Guidelines.
Required Qualifications Include:
• An earned Ph.D., or the foreign equivalent, in History, History Education, or Social Studies Education or a closely related field is required by August 1, 2023.
• At least 18 graduate-level hours in history
Preferred Qualifications Include:
• A record of effective university teaching in online, face-to-face, and/or hybrid environments
• Experience teaching history/social studies at the secondary (grades 6-12) level
• Evidence of a sustained research agenda, including potential for success obtaining extramural research funding
• Evidence of teaching and working with a culturally and an ethnically diverse community
For a full description of this position, application deadlines, and application procedures, visit https://hr.kennesaw.edu/careers.php. Search for Job ID 250878.
For full consideration, please apply by December 15, 2022. This position is open until filled.
For questions about this faculty opening, please contact Dr. Bryan McGovern, Chair and Professor of History, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information or questions about a faculty job posting, please contact Academic Affairs at email@example.com. For technical support, please call OneUSG Connect Support at 877-251-2644, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Primary Category:||History Education