Kennesaw State University, History & Philosophy
Lecturer of Philosophy
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||Georgia, United States|
Kennesaw State University is accepting applications for a nine-month, non-tenure track Lecturer of Philosophy faculty position in the Department of History and Philosophy with broad expertise in Western and non-Western Philosophies, that begins August 2023.
A commitment to excellence in teaching and engagement is expected of all faculty members in the Radow College of Humanities and Social Sciences at KSU.
- teach survey courses in Philosophy
- serve the department, college, university, and/or professional community
- ensure and gauge student success
- teach courses in various modalities, i.e., face-to-face, hybrid, and online
- current teaching load is nine courses per year
Teaching assignments will be based on earned degrees and SACSCOC Faculty Credentials Guidelines.
An earned Ph.D., or the foreign equivalent, in Philosophy or a closely related field is required by August 1, 2023.
Preferred Qualifications Include
- A record of effective university teaching in online, face-to-face, and/or hybrid environments
- Evidence of teaching and working with a culturally and an ethnically diverse community
For a full description of this position, application deadlines, and application procedures, visit https://hr.kennesaw.edu/careers.php. Search for Job ID 250819.
For full consideration please submit applications by December 15, 2022.