University of California - Los Angeles, Initiative to Study Hate
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||California, United States|
|Position:||Administrator, Other Professional, Research Professional|
Recruitment for Academic Coordinator, Initiative to Study Hate
Appointment will be for a 12-month period with possibility of renewal for an additional year.
The UCLA Initiative to Study Hate is a three-year pilot project intended to foster cutting-edge research and high-level teaching to understand better and mitigate hate in both groups and individuals. The initiative seeks a committed, detail-oriented, and resourceful researcher and administrator to help coordinate the initiative.
The Academic Coordinator Duties include:
- Serve as key administrative point person for all initiative activities together with initiative director and project manager
- Coordinate and communicate with UCLA research partners involved in the initiative. Coordinate and oversee a monthly research seminar in conjunction with the initiative director. Might also include leading a monthly reading group on the study of hate with other UCLA faculty, graduate students, and community members.
- Coordinate programs and public events related to the initiative's research projects. Might include content development, coordinating program logistics, and outreach and communications.
- Translate initiative research for public consumption through the creation of one-pagers or other research briefs.
- Help develop teaching opportunities related to the initiative, including the prospect of developing a Freshman Cluster course about the study of hate.
- Manage an ongoing library of readings, initiative research, and other resources on which the initiative can draw.
- Develop relationships with other scholars and centers of hate around the country. Conduct other research and administrative duties for the initiative as needed.
Minimum requirements for the position are a M.A. in a relevant field, experience and familiarity with the research process, and demonstrated skill in organizing administering academic programs.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply online at https://recruit.apo.ucla.edu/JPF07803 to upload their information for this position by Friday, October 7, 2022. The committee will begin reviewing applications on Monday, October 10, 2022.
Applicants must submit a curriculum vitae, cover letter including statement on commitment to understand and fighting hate, and 2 names of references. A statement addressing the applicant’s past and/or potential contributions to equity, diversity, and inclusion is also required. Please visit the UCLA Equity, Diversity and Inclusion website for Sample Guidance for Candidates on the Statement of Contributions to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion: https://equity.ucla.edu/programs-resources/faculty-search-process/faculty-search-committee-resources/sample-guidance/. This position is subject to final administrative approval.
Basic Qualifications: M.A. required; Ph.D. preferred in a relevant field. We welcome candidates with experience and familiarity with the research process and demonstrated skill in organizing and administering academic programs
As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program Policy. All Covered Individuals under the policy must provide proof of Full Vaccination or, if applicable, submit a request for Exception (based on Medical Exemption, Disability, and/or Religious Objection) or Deferral (based on pregnancy) no later than the applicable deadline. New University of California employees should refer to Appendix F, Section II.C. of the policy for applicable deadlines. (Capitalized terms in this paragraph are defined in the policy.) Federal, state, or local public health directives may impose additional requirements.
|Primary Category:||Social History / Studies
|Secondary Categories:||Social Sciences