Eastern Washington University, History, Anthropology, Modern Languages and Literature
Adjunct Instructor in Early U.S. History
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||Washington, United States|
The Department of History, Anthropology, and Modern Languages and Literature seeks applications for an adjunct faculty member to teach an already developed online and asynchronous graduate reading seminar in Early U.S. History, i.e. 19th c. U.S. history. The accelerated, fully online MA program in History at EWU offers a graduate degree for working professionals who are unable to attend a campus MA program.
The instructor will teach the exising online class in partnership with EWU’s staff and consultants from Academic Partners, and must be prepared to offer the six-week course at least three times a year. The instructor will have the ability to alter the course as it currently exists on CANVAS but will not be eligible for an additional course development stipend.
- Teaching the class, including CANVAS management, grading, and student communication
- Professional and consistent communication with EWU staff and faculty as required
- Ph.D. or ABD in 19th c. U.S. History, with expertise in the early American Republic, Antebellum America, the Civil War, Reconstruction, or the Gilded Age
- Two years of teaching experience at the college level
- Experience teaching at the graduate level, online preferred
- Experience with Canvas CMS
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness in an online environment
- Proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or an approved exemption as defined by the State of Washington Vaccination Policy.
- Passing a Washington background check
$4500-$5250 (depending on course enrollment)
Please send an email with a cover letter that includes an abstract of the course you will teach, a recent CV, unofficial transcripts, and evidence of online teaching effectiveness.
Screening will begin:
IMMEDIATELY. The first course is scheduled to begin on October 31, 2022.
Ann Le Bar, Ph.D., Professor of History
History Program Director
Eastern Washington University
Cheney, Washington 99004
|Primary Category:||American History / Studies