Weill Cornell Medicine, Anesthesiology
Postdoctoral Associate - Perioperative Digital Health, Interoperability and Data Science
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||New York, United States|
Weill Cornell Medicine is seeking a qualified candidate for a full-time Postdoctoral Associate position.
MADE (Medical Accelerator and Digital Engineering) @ Cornell within the Department of Anesthesiology develops artificial intelligence, digital health and medical device solutions leveraging a variety of different data sources across perioperative and critical care. Our mission is to serve as a central hub for the development, evaluation, and maintenance of perioperative digital tools and data science research.
We are looking for an outstanding Postdoctoral Associate in New York, NY who can work alongside our experts in anesthesiology, physiology, neuroscience, machine learning and biomedical engineering.
- Develops and manages a large hospital research database with high-resolution physiological data.
- Assists with medical device interoperability, including development of data pipelines and custom APIs.
- Creates internal web apps (e.g. analytical dashboards), application servers and databases for functionality.
- Develops software and maintains code that meets technical and end-user needs.
- Develops software tools/libraries for physiological and time series data analysis, including machine learning and deep learning techniques.
- Contributes to study design in collaboration with department faculty, including development of custom data analysis tools and machine learning models.
- Communicates results to internal stakeholders and external partners through project reports and peer reviewed research publications.
- A PhD in a quantitative field such as computer science, electrical engineering, statistics, biomedical engineering, or related discipline.
- Strong background in data science, signal processing, and machine learning
- Experience in analyzing data from biosensors, wearables, or medical devices (e.g., accelerometer, ECG, ABP, PPG, EMG, EEG, voice).
- Knowledge and experience of time series analysis methodologies.
- Expert proficiency in one or more programming languages (such as Python, R, MATLAB, Julia) and experience writing re-usable and well-documented code.
- Demonstrated scientific excellence as measured by publications and presentations.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative environment.
- Excellent attention to detail required.
- Experience with large-scale data processing and integrating multimodal datasets.
- Research experience in physiological signal processing and analysis.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their CV and cover letter to the attention of Dr. Richard Boyer, MD, PhD at email@example.com
Salary and Appointment Details
Weill Cornell Medicine is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled employer.
Weill Cornell Medicine is a comprehensive academic medical center that's committed to excellence in patient care, scientific discovery, and the education of future physicians in New York City and around the world. Our doctors and scientists-faculty from Weill Cornell Medical College, Weill Cornell Graduate School of Medical Sciences, and the Weill Cornell Physician Organization-are engaged in world-class clinical care and cutting-edge research that connect patients to the latest treatment innovations and prevention strategies. Located in the heart of the Upper East Side's scientific corridor, Weill Cornell Medicine's powerful network of collaborators extends to its parent university Cornell University; to Qatar, where an international campus offers a U.S. medical degree; and to programs in Tanzania, Haiti, Brazil, Austria and Turkey. Our medical practices serve communities throughout New York City, and our faculty provide comprehensive care at New York-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center, New York-Presbyterian/Lower Manhattan Hospital, and New York-Presbyterian/Queens. At Weill Cornell Medicine, we work together to treat each individual, not just their conditions or illnesses, as we strive to deliver the finest possible care for our patients - the center of everything we do.
Diversity and Inclusion are a part of Cornell University’s heritage. We are a recognized employer and educator valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities. We also recognize a lawful preference in employment practices for Native Americans living on or near Indian reservations. Cornell University is an innovative Ivy League university and a great place to work. Our inclusive community of scholars, students, and staff impart an uncommon sense of larger purpose, and contribute creative ideas to further the university's mission of teaching, discovery, and engagement.
|Primary Category:||Research and Methodology
|Secondary Categories:||Health and Health Care