|Location:||Nebraska, United States|
SNA International, the Global Leader in Forensics, Biometrics and Identity Intelligence, is currently looking for a Historian to support the Defense POW/MIA Accounting Agency (DPAA), by conducting historical research and writing and assist with disinterment related activities for DPAA's Indo-Pacific Directorate.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- 5 years of professional historical research experience (includes educational experience)
- Masters’ degree in History or related field with a strong understanding of History of Science and/or Second World War Military History with specialist knowledge of the Indo-Pacific Theater (PhD, or working toward PhD preferred but not required)
- Strong written and oral communication skills evidenced by publication and conference presentation record.
- Knowledge of relevant primary and secondary source material.
- Experience with archival research.
- Possess a broad knowledge of the concepts, principles, and practices of historical research and analysis as gained through graduate education in history and relevant job experience.
- Possess the ability to apply flexible approaches and versatility to conducting research.
- Knowledge of professional writing styles based on professional experience.
- Possess strong attention to detail and excellent recordkeeping skills.
- Possess the ability to prioritize responsibilities, multi-task, and work well under pressure.
- Proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Willingness or aptitude for learning new digital data management systems.
- A demonstrated history of initiative and achievement.
- Able to work well independently as well as in a team environment
Critical Work Responsibilities:
- Perform complex historical research into casualty resolution and unidentified remains interred in U.S. cemeteries
- Assignments include, but are not limited to: historical reports, documentary research, oral histories, secondary source readings, geographically bounded studies, cemetery analyses, case narratives, reports of findings, and briefings to Agency leadership.
- Builds and develops recommendations to disinter unidentified remains from past conflicts, with the ultimate goal of pursuing all avenues towards exhumation and identification.
- Occasionally travel nationally for Family Member Updates (FMUs) or other activities as required by Agency leadership.
- Completes recurring duties independently, but refers deviations, problems, or unfamiliar situations to the supervisor for assistance.
- Other duties as assigned consistent with the position for which you were hired.
Please submit a cover letter along with your CV. CVs without a cover letter will not be considered. No phone calls, please.
SNA International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
|Primary Category:||American History / Studies
|Secondary Categories:||Military History
World History / Studies
Southeast Asian History / Studies