Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Political Science
Visiting Assistant Professor / Integrated Security
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||Virginia, United States|
|Position:||Visiting Assistant Professor|
Visiting Assistant Professor in Integrated Security
The Department of Political Science invites applications for a Visiting Assistant Professor position. This position will support the University's Destination Area Strategic Initiative on Integrated Security. Virginia Tech is seeking faculty specifically interested in engaging with research and curricular initiatives that support innovation and problem solving in areas such as cybersecurity, data analytics, privacy and ethics, network governance, multiple forms of global (financial, election, human, infrastructure, network, transportation, and social media) security and intelligence studies. The Department of Political Science is the anchoring host department for the Integrated Security Destination Area's Pathways minor. The teaching load for this position is 3:3 and has a start date of August 10, 2022.
- A Ph.D. in Political Science or a closely related field required by the time of appointment.
- Must have evidence of an active research agenda and demonstrations of teaching effectiveness to meet the Department’s key teaching needs in its B.A. programs.
- Broadly trained and technically proficient in transdisciplinary security studies.
- Training in the politics of evolving contemporary systems for hybrid cyber-warfare, cyber-conflict, cyber-institutions, and cyber-defense capability, which bridge the fields of Russian, Eurasian, and global politics.
- Prior experience with and/or substantive training in network analysis, game theory, data analytics, statistics, conflict modelling, text analysis, and real-time online conflict simulation experiments as well as expertise in great power strategic competition tied to Russian, Eurasian, and Southwest Asian global conflicts.
How to apply:
Interested persons must apply at https://careers.pageuppeople.com/968/cw/en-us/job/520638/vap-integrated-security, (www.jobs.vt.edu, Job No. 520638), where they will submit a CV/Resume, Cover Letter, Teaching Statement, Writing Sample, and contact information for three academic references. Screening of applications will begin June 21, 2022 and continue until the position is filled. All inquiries can be sent to: Dr. Aaron Brantly, email@example.com, or Visiting Assistant Professor Integrated Security, Department of Political Science, Major Williams Hall, Room 531 (0130), Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA 24061. Individuals with additional questions or with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should contact the search committee chair. For further information on the department, see www.psci.vt.edu.
Statement on diversity:
The department is interested in candidates who have a demonstrated commitment to building an equitable and diverse scholarly environment through teaching, research, and service. Moreover the department is interested in members of groups historically underrepresented in the professoriate are especially encouraged to apply.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or any other basis protected by law. For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, contact the Office of Equity and Access at 540-231-2010 or Virginia Tech, North End Center, Suite 2300 (0318), 300 Turner St. NW, Blacksburg, VA 24061.
All inquiries can be sent to: Dr. Aaron Brantly, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Visiting Assistant Professor Integrated Security, Department of Political Science, Major Williams Hall, Room 531 (0130), Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA 24061.
|Primary Category:||Political Science