Jackson State University, History & Philosophy
Tenure-Track Assistant Professor
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||Mississippi, United States|
Position Summary: The Department of History and Philosophy at Jackson State University invites applications for its Tenure-Track Assistant Professor position beginning August 2022.
Minimum Required Education: A Ph.D. degree in African-American History, African History, Public History, or in a related area (e.g., African-American L Studies and/or African Studies.
Minimum Required Experience: Some experience in teaching.
- Some experience or willingness to mentor, advise and work with students from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience in and willingness to improve teaching methods with enhanced innovations in the classroom.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge in the field and proven abilities required of a graduate/undergraduate faculty at Jackson State University
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as strong writing and communications skills
- Willingness to participate in interdisciplinary projects
- Ability and willingness to teach both online and face-to-face classes
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Seeking external funding through grant proposals
- Developing an active research agenda
- Teaching qualitative and mixed research methods classes, as needed
- Teaching general education undergraduate classes and history-specific courses in the department Performing service for the department, the college, the University, and community engagement as required
- Attending all departmental and college meetings/events and helping implement departmental strategic and other plans
- Accepting specific responsibilities as required of all department faculty, such as coordinating departmental programs, keeping office hours, leading a specific task in the unit, and accepting program assessment duties
- Attending workshops (particularly in the use of technology), seminars, and webinars called by the department, the college, or the University
- Following the department and the University as well as applicable internal policies
Tammy McCoy, Employment Specialist
|Primary Category:||History Education