Stanford University, The Ho Center for Buddhist Studies
Communications Associate, Buddhist Studies
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||California, United States|
The Ho Center for Buddhist Studies at Stanford is seeking a Communications Associate. The Communications Associate will work under the general supervision of the Executive Director and must possess and demonstrate a positive outlook on continuous process improvement efforts while maintaining a team-based and customer-focused mindset. It is critical that the holder of this position exhibit the abilities to practice sound judgment and decision-making, effective written & oral communication, strong attention to detail and respectful relationship management. This position must also exhibit a strong desire to continuously learn new and unfamiliar business topics, policies and procedures as they relate to Communications – the ability to translate this information into operational successes will be critical.
This is a two year, fixed term position. If you believe that this opportunity is a match for your knowledge, skills and abilities, we encourage you to apply. Thank you for considering employment opportunities with the School of Humanities and Sciences at Stanford University.
In this role, you will:
- Participate in communication deliverables in an area of expertise for a program.
- Develop communications for various content delivery channels.
- Produce materials according to defined requirements using software applications and mediums.
- Work with vendors to obtain information to evaluate quality, process, and costs to support vendor selection.
- Maintain knowledge by attending webinars, conferences, networking etc. to remain at the forefront of current industry standards, trends and technology.
- Compile data, illustrations, photos, and pictures for assignments.
- Work in collaboration with Institutional Communicators on media relations content and other areas.
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience required. M.A. in Buddhist Studies or closely related field and three years of relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience highly preferred..
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal communications groups across campus
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills
- Capacity to synthesize materials and communicate information in a manner easily understood
- Experience with managing projects to specifications and to meet expected deadlines
- Ability to perform detailed work with high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
In addition, preferred requirements include:
- Knowledge of general topics in Buddhist Studies
- Familiarity with general Buddhist Studies terminology
- Experience in writing for an academic audience
- Flexibility and ability to move across multiple communications platforms
- Knowledge of at least one of the following canonical languages of Buddhism: Chinese, Japanese, Pali, Sanskrit, or Tibetan
Irene Lin: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Secondary Categories:||Religious Studies and Theology