|Institution Type:||Preparatory School|
|Location:||New Hampshire, United States|
The History Department seeks a full-time history instructor to begin in the 2022-2023 academic year. We are looking for a dynamic candidate whose academic training and professional life will enable them to teach a range of our current course offerings, but also help the department to continue globalizing its curriculum. We welcome applicants from various fields of specialization. Prior teaching experience and curriculum design is highly desirable. Teaching experience in US history is also preferable.
Applicants must submit a cover letter addressing relevant experience working with teenagers and young adults, a separate statement of teaching philosophy which includes issues around DEI in the classroom, and a current resume/C.V.
While individual responsibilities will vary from one faculty position to another, the major job duties of all faculty members include the following:
- Teaching: Faculty teach four classes per trimester. All art critiques are student-centered discussions often around a Harkness table. In order to meet the intellectual needs of the school’s talented and highly motivated students, teachers are expected to be dedicated to daily preparation for the best possible classes.
- Cultural Competency: Faculty are expected to demonstrate respect for diversity of identities and experiences, an orientation toward equity and inclusion, and cultural competency in all aspects of Academy life.
- Residential Life: Faculty generally reside in campus housing and play a critical role in cultivating Exeter’s community-centered student dormitory life. Each faculty member is generally responsible for one weekend and one to three week nights of dormitory duty per week, depending on the dormitory size.
- Advising: Faculty are expected to serve as mentors to student advisees throughout students’ time at Exeter. The adviser is the main liaison between an advisee’s family/guardian and the Academy.
- Extracurricular Activities: Faculty are generally expected to participate in the school’s extracurricular activities (e.g. coaching, advising student clubs, and/or committee work).
- Experience teaching in a classroom setting for a minimum of 3 years.
- Diversity or cultural competency education (conferences, seminars, in-service programs, coursework, independent study.
- Willingness to enforce all school policies and rules governing student behavior.
- Proof of authority to work in the United Stated, full time.
- Successful completion of a criminal background check, renewed every 5 years.
- Clean Driving record.
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination
Those interested may apply on our website: https://exeter.edu/about-us/career-opportunities
|Primary Category:||Asian History / Studies
|Secondary Categories:||American History / Studies