St. Lawrence University, International Studies
International Studies, Director of Off-Campus Programs
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||New York, United States|
Reporting to the Associate Dean of International and Intercultural Studies, the Director of Off-Campus Programs will work closely with the staff of the Center for International and Intercultural Studies, with responsibility for administration of all aspects of off-campus programs enrolling St. Lawrence students.
- Secondary supervisory responsibilities in the CIIS office
- Promoting international education on campus
- Providing administrative assistance in support of off-campus study programs
- Providing advice to students and parents about off-campus study opportunities and application procedures
- Organizing regularly scheduled information sessions for off-campus study
- Overseeing the program application and selection processes
- Coordinating pre-departure orientation and re-entry activities
- Assisting students with registration and academic credit transfer requirements
- Assisting faculty and staff with questions regarding off-campus study programs
- Reviewing off-campus student evaluations
- Oversight of risk-management policy and planning
- Coordination of emergency insurance for students in off-campus programs
- Working with Admissions and Student Life Office to coordinate incoming exchange student services
- Collection, management, and reporting of data related to international studies
- Coordination of visa and immigration services for students and faculty program directors
- Budget oversight of St. Lawrence off-campus programs
- Other duties as assigned
A complete position description is available upon request.
The University seeks excellence through diversity among its administrators, faculty, staff and students and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, or marital status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least five years of experience in international education administration in a liberal arts setting
- Experience organizing undergraduate international study programs
- Experience in risk management as well as in budget management
- Experience in grant writing and administration
- Experience in Terra Dotta application system
- Experience coordinating visa and immigration applications for U.S. college students studying abroad
- High level of communication and organizational skills
- Master’s degree preferred
- Competency in two or more languages in addition to English preferred
Interested applicants must apply online at http://employment.stlawu.edu, uploading all required materials defined in the “special instructions to applicant” section. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Questions about the position may be directed to Dr. Marina Llorente, Associate Dean for International and Intercultural Studies, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the finalist successfully passing a background (including criminal records) check.
|Primary Category:||Area Studies