St. Joseph's College, NY, History
Assistant Professor, Latin America
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||New York, United States|
Description: Tenure-Track Assistant Professor
The Department of History at St. Joseph’s College NY, Patchogue campus, invites applications for a tenure-track position in Latin American history beginning August 2022. Specialization is open to all thematic areas and historical periods.
Successful candidates will meet the following requirements:
· PhD in history or advanced ABD with defense scheduled by Summer 2022.
· Ability to teach survey courses in Latin American history (e.g. colonial Latin America and modern Latin America)
· Ability to develop and teach introductory survey courses in history beyond the United States and Europe including specific historical themes and concepts in global/world history
· Willingness to develop and teach online courses
· Cover Letter
· Unofficial graduate transcripts
· Sample syllabi
· Copies of student evaluations (if available)
· One writing sample (preferably an article or book/dissertation chapter)
· 3 confidential reference letters
Candidates should submit cover letter, C.V., sample syllabi, student evaluations, and writing sample in a single PDF document to email@example.com.
Confidential letters of reference should be sent under separate cover to the same email address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Review of applications will begin on January 15, 2022 and will continue until the position is filled.
St. Joseph's College, NY is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V.
St. Joseph’s College, NY will not sponsor work visas for this position.
|Primary Category:||Latin American and Caribbean History / Studies
|Secondary Categories:||Public History