Assistant Professor, World History
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||California, United States|
Assistant Professor of World History
1) An earned doctorate (Ph.D.) in History or a closely related field from an accredited institution (or equivalent) is required; however, applicants nearing completion of the doctorate (ABD) may be considered. For an appointment, the doctorate must be completed by the date of appointment (8/18/2022).
2) Evidence of successful teaching experience.
3) Evidence or promise of scholarly publication.
1) Research specialization connected to early modern world history preferred (1400 to 1800 CE). Other specializations in world history will also be considered.
2) Ability to design and teach both undergraduate and graduate courses in world history.
3) Mastery of world history theory.
The primary professional responsibilities of instructional faculty members are teaching, research, scholarship and/or creative activity, and service to the University, profession, and to the community. These responsibilities generally include: advising students, participation in campus and system-wide committees, maintaining office hours, working collaboratively and productively with colleagues, and participation in traditional academic functions.
The successful candidate will teach courses at both the lower- and upper-division undergraduate level, as well as graduate courses, and will participate in the curriculum development process. Commitment to excellence in all aspects of undergraduate teaching and mentorship is essential, as is a passion for working with students, both in and beyond the classroom. The successful candidate is also expected to maintain an active research program; scholarly activity and peer-reviewed publications and/or grant activity are required for tenure/promotion.
The successful candidate will be committed to the academic success of all of our students and to an environment that acknowledges, encourages, and celebrates diversity and differences. To this end, the successful candidate will work effectively, respectfully, and collaboratively in diverse, multicultural, and inclusive settings. In addition, the successful candidate will be ready to join faculty, staff, students, and administrators in our University’s shared commitment to the principles of engagement, service, and the public good.
The initial salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Dr. Scott Wells, email@example.com
|Primary Category:||World History / Studies