Research historian with experience in History and Civics
|Location:||Maryland, United States|
History Associates provides the context for our present and the foundation for our future. This is why clients turn to History Associates to tell their stories, preserve, and manage their records and artifacts, or answer their historical questions. Since 1981, History Associates has provided a spectrum of services leading to consistent profitability and periods of strong revenue growth. As a leader in this niche market, History Associates attracts bright and creative professionals and serves a diverse, nationwide clientele from all sectors of the economy.
History Associates is seeking a Research Historian with significant background in History and Civics to conduct extensive primary and secondary source research and assist with the writing and development of interpretive content.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conduct historical research at a variety of government repositories in a variety of different records
- Assist with composing exhibit text
- Asset negotiation, acquisition, tracking, and delivery
- Follow up on leads making sure requested information is received in a timely manner
- BA or MA in History or Civics
- Experience conducting research in government repositories, specifically the National Archives and Records Administration and Library of Congress preferred
- Textbook writing experience preferred
- Writing skills that are clear, concise, and accurate
- Professional, thorough and detail oriented
- Ability to work well with others in a team-based collaborative atmosphere
History Associates offers an excellent benefits package including holidays; annual and sick leave; medical, dental, life, and disability insurance, 401(k) plan.
History Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Applicants who meet the qualifications, should submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample (20 pages max.) demonstrating both research and analytical capabilities, transcript, and three references with e-mail addresses to:
History Associates Incorporated
ATTN: Doris Miles, Director of Personnel
300 N. Stonestreet Avenue
Rockville, MD 20850
Packages not containing all information requested will not be considered for this position.
|Primary Category:||History Education