Assistant Professor of American Studies
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||New Jersey, United States|
RAMAPO COLLEGE OF NEW JERSEY:
Mission: Ramapo College of New Jersey is New Jersey’s Public Liberal Arts College, dedicated to providing students a strong foundation for a lifetime of achievement. The College is committed to academic excellence through interdisciplinary and experiential learning, and international and intercultural understanding. Ramapo College emphasizes teaching and individual attention to all students. We promote diversity, inclusiveness, sustainability, student engagement, and community involvement.
Established in 1969, Ramapo College offers bachelor’s degrees in the arts, business, humanities, social sciences and the sciences, as well as in professional studies, which include business, elementary education, nursing and social work. The College also offers articulated programs, including dental, optometry, chiropractic and health professions, as well as visual arts therapy and law, with colleges and institutions in New Jersey and New York.
Undergraduate students may choose to concentrate their studies in one of five schools with more than 539 course offerings and more than 36 academic programs. Ramapo College boasts an average student/faculty ratio of 18:1 and an average class size of 23; affording students the opportunity to develop close ties to the College’s exceptional faculty.
The Program in American Studies at Ramapo College of New Jersey seeks a candidate whose teaching and research focus on any aspect of Native American history or culture
- Teach 3 courses each semester: Introduction to American Studies, Native Americans and upper-level courses in area of expertise
- Maintain active participation in research, college governance, and academic advisement.
- Expand opportunities for students in digital humanities and community-based learning
- Contribute to the college’s general education program and to at least one of the following programs in the School of Humanities and Global Studies: History, Museum and Exhibition Studies, Anthropology, Philosophy
- Must possess a Ph.D. in American Studies or a related field by September 1, 2022, and be committed to teaching that is expressly interdisciplinary
- College teaching experience preferred.
1) CV 2) Cover letter 3) Syllabus for Native American Studies Course 4) Writing Sample
5) List of References
Preference will be given to applications received by December 3, 2021.
Ramapo College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Ramapo has a long history of advocating, advising, and supporting diversity, equity, and inclusiveness. Examples can be found in its mission statement, strategic plans, degree and course offerings, community outreach programs, and diversity programs. Ramapo’s commitment to diversity and inclusion is infused across all facets of the College; where the environment is welcoming, dedicated to social justice, respectful of freedom of expression, focused on educating and having an ongoing conversation regarding cultural competence and the benefits and importance of diversity.
Apply Online: https://www.click2apply.net/2VeljAuQQ1g2FqwyHJw6g
|Primary Category:||American History / Studies