ASIA RESEARCH INSTITUTE (ARI) JOB OPPORTUNITIES FY2022/23 - SENIOR RESEARCH FELLOWSHIPS
|Institution Type:||College / University|
The Asia Research Institute invites outstanding, active researchers from around the world, to work on an important piece of Asia-centred research in the social sciences or humanities.
Apart from the quality of the research proposal, and the applicant’s publication track record, positions will be awarded on the basis of the relationship of their research topic to the identified priorities and themes of ARI’s research clusters as listed in Research Clusters and Their Focus (click here). Given that a growing proportion of ARI’s funding is derived from external sources, strong preference will be given to candidates with potential to contribute to building competitive research grant applications.
Applicants must indicate the Research Cluster(s) concerned in their research proposal. In cases where there may be overlapping research interests, you may nominate up to a maximum of two (2) clusters.
Researchers will work under the supervision of the Cluster Leader and take the lead in duties such as organising workshops and conferences, participating in current cluster projects, and carrying out new projects (including applying for grant funding). Administrative duties and committee work will be assigned and form part of the position.
Candidates are required to deliver research seminar(s), contribute to cluster activities, and to acknowledge ARI in any publications arising from work undertaken at the Institute.
Interested scholars are invited to submit their application through the link provided: https://career44.sapsf.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=7088&company=nationalunP2
Please submit all documents in one (1) PDF and attached it under the CV column in the system.:
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Synopsis of the proposed research project (maximum of 5 single-spaced pages);
- At least one short sample of published work, preferably in English.
- Please indicate the name and contact details of at least 2 referees in your application.
Closing date for applications is 3 September 2021. Please note that no extension will be given.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
- The appointment will be tenable for a period of two years in the first instance, with the possibility of another term of two years based upon satisfactory evaluation and available funding (i.e. up to a total of four years).
- Applications are invited for commencement in: Jan 2022 or Jun/Jul 2022 or Dec 2022/Jan 2023.
- The Senior Research Fellowship remuneration package will be based on experience, from which university subsidized housing will be deducted.
- Travel assistance will be provided to eligible candidates.
- Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents are eligible for provident fund benefits.
- All salary and benefits-in-kind are subjected to taxation in accordance with local tax laws.
- There is support for research fieldwork and conference attendance (on application and subject to approval).
- Research staff at ARI are expected to participate actively in the life of the Institute, including attendance at seminars, conferences and ARI social events.
- Other benefits that the University provides and information about working at NUS and living in Singapore are available at https://www.nus.edu.sg/careers/whyjoinus.htm. Terms and conditions, according to university guidelines, are subject to change without prior notice.
ADDITIONAL IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- Please note that only fully completed applications will be considered.
- All materials including research proposal (including if any, initial ideas for a research grant application) and CV must be submitted through our online application.
- As we receive high volume of applications, we strongly encourage you to apply well before the closing date.
- We regret that only successful candidates will be notified (via email). Candidates who do not hear from the University within 10 weeks after the closing date may assume the position has been filled.
- Any offer of appointment is conditional on approval by the National University of Singapore (NUS) and the Ministry of Manpower granting you an Employment Pass or other applicable work passes.
- For further information, please see the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
- Applicants must have a PhD from a reputable university, a well-established publication record and international scholarly visibility.
- Candidates with more than 5 years of research experience after their PhD may apply for a Senior Research Fellowship position. Evidence of the ability to initiate and lead collaborative projects, including through applications for external funding, is preferred.
For any further queries, please drop us an email at email@example.com.
|Secondary Categories:||Social Sciences