University of Texas - Austin, Office of Strategy and Policy
Online Grading, US History dual enrollment course
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||Texas, United States|
OnRamps at UT Austin was established in 2011 with the mission of increasing the number and diversity of students who engage in learning experiences aligned with the expectations of leading colleges and universities. We are seeking to partner with colleagues who share our passion for working with young historians.
We are hiring part-time, remote graders to support OnRamps History, which is a two-course, two-semester sequence. Graders will evaluate 6 major assignments during the academic year (3 each semester), and provide substantive written feedback.
Below is a concise summary of this position’s qualifications and benefits. More information is available through the application link below.
● Bachelor’s degree in any field plus 18 hours of graduate coursework in U.S. history, or a closely-related field, at an accredited institution; or,
● Bachelor’s degree in any field plus 9 hours of graduate coursework in U.S. history, or a closely-related field, at an accredited institution in addition to being currently enrolled in a history graduate program or graduate program in a closely related field.
● Background check required of successful candidates.
● Ability to meet deadlines.
● Excellent communication skills.
● Compensation: New graders who successfully complete all assigned 2021-22 assessments generally start at around $ 900 per year for grading a section of 30 students. Compensation increases based on grader qualifications, experience, and number of sections.
● Green Work From Home Environment: All of our essays and team meetings are hosted online. You can work from wherever you have Wi-Fi with flexible hours.
● Student Deadlines: Students have hard deadlines—no chasing students for their submissions.
● UT Affiliate Status: Team members have access to the UT Library Database, among other affiliate benefits.
● Additional Opportunities: Team members have access to bonus assignments for compensation and leadership development opportunities,.
OnRamps Graders must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time or part-time basis for any employer. In most cases, an F-1 visa does not make you eligible to be an OnRamps Grader unless you are a current student at The University of Texas at Austin.
Quick Application Link: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/57718cd1186f443aa965f965c67b4056
We are currently conducting rolling interviews until all sections are filled.
SCOTTIE JOHNSON, Ph.D.
|Primary Category:||American History / Studies
|Secondary Categories:||History Education