The University of Texas at Dallas, Ackerman Center for Holocaust Studies
Visiting Assistant Professor in Film Studies in the area of Holocaust, Genocide and Human Rights
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||Texas, United States|
|Position:||Visiting Assistant Professor|
The School of Arts and Humanities is seeking to recruit a Visiting Assistant Professor in Film Studies to start in the Fall 2021 semester. Specialization areas can include Holocaust cinema, human rights film, and/or documentary film. This position will focus more widely on trauma and violence portrayed in film and uses of film to both propagate and record violations of human rights. In addition to meeting the needs in the area of Holocaust, genocide and Human Rights studies this position will serve demands in our Visual and Performing Arts undergraduate and graduate programs. The Visiting Assistant Professor will be part of the Ackerman Center for Holocaust Studies.
- Minimum Education: MA in Film Studies, Film & Media Arts, or equivalent
- Preferred Education: PhD in Film Studies or equivalent
- Specified academic discipline: Film Studies, Film & Media Arts, or equivalent
- Associated academic discipline: Holocaust, genocide, and Human Rights studies
- Preferred Experience: 1-2 years College or University teaching
Email a cover letter and CV to email@example.com by June 18, 2021 to be considered for the position.
|Primary Category:||Holocaust, Genocide, and Memory Studies
|Secondary Categories:||Human Rights