Bowling Green State University, Ethnic Studies
Assistant Teaching Professor African American Studies
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||Ohio, United States|
|Position:||Non-Tenure Track Faculty|
Department of Ethnic Studies and School for Cultural and Critical Studies, Bowling Green State University (Main Campus).
Department of Ethnic Studies and School for Cultural and Critical Studies invite applications for Assistant Teaching Professor (Qualified Rank Faculty, non tenure-track) position in African American Studies. Start date is August 2021.
- Teach and develop African American Studies courses
- Teach courses in a secondary area that complements the School of Cultural and Critical Studies offerings (such as community-based learning, qualitative research methods, or interdisciplinary theory, and/or related courses in American Culture Studies, Popular Culture, and/or Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies)
- Provide service to university and profession
- Ph.D. in Ethnic Studies or a related field (for example, African American Studies, American Studies) required. ABDs may apply but all the requirements for the doctoral degree must be completed by time of employment (August 2021)
- Research focus or teaching experience in African American Studies
- Experience teaching at collegiate level
- Teaching or research experience in one of the following areas: social justice/activism, African American Studies in transnational context, Afro-Latinx Studies, digital humanities/social media, or critical race theory
- Teaching or research experience in a secondary area that complements the School of Cultural and Critical Studies offerings (such as community-based learning, qualitative research methods, and/or interdisciplinary theory, and/or related courses in American Culture Studies, Popular Culture, and/or Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies)
- University teaching experience as instructor of record
- Peer-reviewed publication(s) in African American Studies.
Only complete applications will be considered. Please include: 1) cover letter; 2) current curriculum vitae; 3) a statement of commitment to diversity in higher education ; 4) teaching portfolio including teaching philosophy and evidence of teaching effectiveness (e.g. student teaching evaluations, teaching observations, teaching awards); 5) transcript showing highest degree earned and 6) names and contact information for three individuals who will be asked to provide current (dated within the past year) and original letters of reference.
For a complete job description & instructions on how to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/. Completed applications must be received by May 3, 2021. A background check and official transcripts are required for employment.
BGSU is an AA/EEO/Vet employer dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a diverse environment. We encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities regardless of age, gender identity, genetic information, religion, or sexual orientation. If you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
|Primary Category:||African American History / Studies