Mount Royal University, Social Work
Assistant Professor, Social Work
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Position:||Associate Professor, Full Professor|
About the Faculty of Health, Community and Education
About the Department of Child Studies and Social Work
About the Role
- A stong interest and the ability to teach and develop courses in clinical work, field education and simulation learning. An emerging record of publications related to field education is an asset
- The ability to teach in the child intervention concentration. Courses would include:
- Emerging issues in social work practice: Child intervention, Human development and social context, Mental health and addictions, Child and adolescent mental health
- Proven commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion practice including knowledge and experience of working with diverse communities (such as: Indigenous, racialized, Francophone, newcomers and refugees, LGBTQS+)
- Preference will be given to applicants of Indigenous or other racialized groups, as well as other populations that are marginalized.
- Preference will be given to applicants who are able to teach across the program,
- Preference will also be given to candidates who have an emerging record of publications directly related to Indigenous populations or other racialized or marginalized populations.
- A required minimum of 5 years of direct experience as a practicing social worker post-MSW (or equivalent).
What We Offer
For further information, contact Dr. Yasmin Dean, Chair, Department of Child Studies and Social Work at email@example.com . Applicants are encouraged to review the social work program information at Bachelor of Social Work | MRU and Social Work Diploma | MRU .
|Primary Category:||Social Work