University of Hong Kong, School of Modern Languages and Cultures
Senior Lecturer in German
|Institution Type:||College / University|
THE UNIVERSITY OF HONG KONG
Applications are invited for appointment as Senior Lecturer in German in the School of Modern Languages and Cultures (Ref.: 503359), to commence on September 1, 2021 or as soon as possible thereafter, on a three-year fixed-term basis, with the possibility of renewal.
Applicants should possess the following:
• A Ph.D. degree from a major research university in German Studies (Germanistik), German Literature, Linguistics or a relevant discipline related to teaching German as a foreign language;
• At least 10 years of full-time teaching experience at tertiary level;
• Proven ability to take a leadership role in curriculum development and programme management;
• Evidence of academic administrative experience in planning, organising and evaluating language courses;
• Evidence of effective knowledge exchange and ability to liaise with academic and cultural institutions to advance the visibility of and interest in the German language and the cultures of German-speaking countries;
• A solid record of scholarship and publications is desirable.
The appointee will be expected to coordinate the German Programme and participate in Teaching Development Grant and other related projects, as well as advance knowledge exchange opportunities.
Based in the Faculty of Arts, the School of Modern Languages and Cultures is the academic home of the University of Hong Kong’s six interdisciplinary area studies (Africa, Americas, China, Europe, Japan, Korea), diverse language and its global creative industries programmes. Information about the School of Modern Languages and Cultures can be obtained at www.smlc.hku.hk. Enquiries about the post should be addressed to the Head of School, Dr. Roland Vogt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Hong Kong is a leading global research university based in one of the world’s main financial centres. A highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered, in addition to annual leave and medical benefits. At current rates, salaries tax does not exceed 15% of gross income. The appointment will attract a contract-end gratuity and University contribution to a retirement benefits scheme, totalling up to 15% of basic salary. Housing benefits will be provided as applicable.
The University only accepts online application for the above post. Applicants should apply online at the University’s careers site (https://jobs.hku.hk) and upload an up-to-date C.V., a cover letter, evidence of teaching ability (e.g. syllabi, student teaching evaluations) and other relevant documentation. Three confidential references should be sent directly by the referees to email@example.com. Closes April 16, 2021.
The University is committed to diversity and inclusivity. The Faculty of Arts expressly encourages qualified persons from all genders to apply.
|Primary Category:||German History / Studies
|Secondary Categories:||European History / Studies