Instructor of History and Political Science
|Institution Type:||Two-Year College|
|Location:||Illinois, United States|
Elgin Community College seeks an educator with expertise in global studies/world history for a full-time, tenure-track position beginning in Fall 2021!
- The ideal candidate will have experience teaching the history of Africa, Asia, the Middle East, and/or Latin America but will also be able to teach courses on Europe and the Mediterranean world.
- This position involves teaching survey courses in world history and political science; competitive candidates will demonstrate the ability to emphasize comparative and/or transnational perspectives in their approach.
- Strong candidates will also be able to teach international and/or comparative politics and be willing to develop specialty courses in global history and/or political science. ECC seeks a candidate with a robust teaching portfolio and significant online teaching experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Master Degree in History, Political Science or a related field with 18 graduate hours in History or Political Science
- College teaching experience
- Evidence of teaching from a global/multicultural perspective
- Commitment to the community college mission and philosophy
- Commitment to meeting the academic needs of non-traditional students, including first generation, older students, minority/multicultural students, non-native speakers of English
- Significant experience teaching online and demonstrated use of instructional technology to support face-to-face classes
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- PhD in History, Political Science or a related field
- Community college teaching experience
APPLY NOW for this full-time position with great employee benefits, paid time-off, and more, Click HERE to apply through our site!
Click HERE to apply through our site!
|Primary Category:||Political History / Studies
|Secondary Categories:||African History / Studies
Asian History / Studies
East Asian History / Studies
European History / Studies
Latin American and Caribbean History / Studies
Middle East History / Studies
World History / Studies