Utah Division of State History, Heritage and Arts
Director, Utah Division of State History
|Location:||Utah, United States|
|Position:||Administrator, Director, Editor|
The Department of Heritage & Arts is looking for a new Division Director for the Utah Division of State History.
The Division Director will:
- Exercise considerable discretion, judgement and decision-making to fulfill the division's mission.
- Manage the division's budget.
- Advocate for all of State History, which includes the State Historic Preservation Office, Library & Collections, National History Day Utah, the Utah State Historical Society, and Cemeteries & Burials.
- Mentor professional staff.
- Understand the value, methods and purpose of historical research.
- Support historically marginalized communities.
- Work closely with the Utah Board of State History to establish policy, strategic plans, etc.
The ideal person for this position has:
- Strong communication skills.
- An understanding of the diverse fields of public history/historic preservation and history's role in creating and sustaining vibrant Utah communities.
- Demonstrated management skills, including at least 5 years in supervising a large staff.
- A professional background in history, museum management and historic preservation.
- A strong background in public history and experience with programs that provide services to local and regional partner organizations and the general public.
- A solid track record in creating/strengthening partnerships with community organizations, universities and donors.
Preference may be given to those with a graduate degree and professional background in public administration, history, museum studies, library science, and/or historic preservation. Preference may also be given to those with significant experience in managing organizations.
The State of Utah offers eligible employees a variety of benefits including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, as well as a comprehensive leave program. Please click the following link for a detailed information page: Benefits. To access a Total Compensation Calculator in Excel format click HERE.
|Primary Category:||Government and Public Service
|Secondary Categories:||American History / Studies