Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation, Reagan Institute (Washington, DC Office)
Reagan Postdoctoral Visiting Fellowship
|Location:||District of Columbia, United States|
The purpose of the Visiting Fellows Program is to advance scholarship focused on the political, economic, and national security ideas and values of President Ronald Reagan. Visiting Fellows will be selected based on the relevance of their research to these principles. Proposals will also be judged on the likelihood of completion of a book manuscript during the fellowship period.
The fellowship year will begin in Washington, DC in September 2021 and last until August 2022. Reagan Visiting Fellows are required to be resident at the Institute's new headquarters in downtown Washington, DC. Each fellow will be provided with office space. The Institute will facilitate research, expand the fellows’ contacts, and grow the fellows’ visibility in the Washington policy community.
• In addition to a stipend of $75,000, each Fellow will receive a $5,000 budget for research related travel.
• Mentorship from senior academics who will advise the Fellows and review a book manuscript.
• One-on-one support from an archivist at the Reagan Presidential Library.
• Opportunity to participate and present at the Reagan Virtual Scholars Roundtable, a bi-monthly convening of academics and policymakers who study topics related to the Reagan Presidency.
George P. Shultz Fellow
One of our two annual winning candidates will be named the George P. Shultz Fellow. While this Fellow will enjoy the same benefits described above, their study of President Reagan will focus on furthering the economic and diplomatic policy of the United States.
• All applicants must submit proof of having successfully defended their dissertation by August 15, 2021.
• Acceptance of the award constitutes a commitment by each fellow to produce a book manuscript by the end of the Fellowship year.
• Applications should be emailed to ReaganFellowship@reaganfoundation.org no later than 11:59 EST on Friday, March 5, 2021.
Application Instructions (please send all files in PDF form)
1. Executive Summary (Maximum of 1 page)
• Name, Address, Contact Information
• University Affiliation and Dissertation Advisor and contact information
• Names and contact information for 2 recommenders
• One paragraph summary description of research question and project’s relevance to Ronald Reagan
2. Project Proposal (Maximum of 3 pages)
• Proposal should begin with a clear description of the policy issue being examined and a description of how this issue is linked to the ideas and vision of Ronald Reagan.
• Proposal should consider contemporary implications of the policy issue being examined.
• Description of research methods and approach – if the Reagan Library is likely to be a source for research, please explain.
• Notional book outline
3. Writing Sample (less than 20 pages)
5. Transcripts & Letters of Recommendation
• Unofficial school transcripts and two letters of recommendation must be sent directly from your university and your recommenders to ReaganFellowship@ReaganFoundation.org.
Please address any questions to Keeghan Sweeney at ReaganFellowship@ReaganFoundation.org.
|Primary Category:||American History / Studies
|Secondary Categories:||Government and Public Service
Political History / Studies