Postdoctoral Teaching Fellow
|Institution Type:||College / University|
Schwarzman Scholars Teaching Fellows work as part of the Academics team and play a vital role in helping the Schwarzman Scholars program in fulfilling its mission by ensuring academic success of courses and students. Teaching Fellows will fulfill the following three main academic roles: teaching support, academic support, and student advising.
The main responsibility for the Teaching Fellow will be to support teaching in large (50+ students) core courses at Schwarzman College, working closely with core course professors to assist in leading discussion and break-out sessions for large lecture courses in the three core areas of the curriculum: Global Affairs, Leadership, and China.
Additional Responsibilities would include serving as:
- All around in-house tutor to the scholars providing academic counseling, advice and support as needed;
- Ad hoc advising and support to Schwarzman College Career Services team for scholars interested in pursuing doctoral studies after their Schwarzman Scholars year.
- Teaching fellow for additional courses (over 30 students) in modules 1-4, as arranged with SC faculty. All Teaching Fellows will be expected to support 3 courses over the academic year, arranged once enrollment numbers are known; and
- Writing tutor as an affiliate of the Schwarzman College Writing Center and provide assistance to Scholars with academic writing (as needed).
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS
Individuals with the following qualifications are encouraged to apply:
1. Doctoral degree received by June 2021 in public policy, political science, economics, international relations, history, or another relevant field with a focus on China;
2. Fluency in English (for purposes of teaching, research and communications);
3. International experience and knowledge and experience working in or on China. Educational background in the United States and/or Europe is preferred.
Chinese passport holders are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please send a cover letter, CV, and summary of teaching experience, including teaching evaluations, and three letters of reference to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: SC Teaching Fellow) before the deadline of January 30, 2021.
|Primary Category:||Chinese History / Studies
|Secondary Categories:||East Asian History / Studies
World History / Studies