Fulbright University Vietnam, Multiple Open Faculty Positions: Fulbright Undergraduate Program
Multiple Open Faculty Positions
|Institution Type:||College / University|
Multiple Open Faculty Positions: Fulbright Undergraduate Program
Who we are
We are Fulbright University Vietnam, Vietnam’s first independent, non-profit, liberal arts, sciences and engineering university. We are an expanding international team of educational innovators, with deep roots in Vietnam and strong connections to educational institutions around the world. We believe in the power of collaboration, active learning, transdisciplinary thinking, and risk-taking, and we understand that effective education requires putting students at its center.
What we are doing
We are creating Fulbright University Vietnam’s flagship undergraduate program: a 21st century liberal arts education that spans engineering, arts and sciences, transforms the lives of young people, addresses the pressing needs of Vietnam, and ultimately points the way toward a new approach to high quality education in developing countries. You can learn more about our institution at www.fulbright.edu.vn.
Join Fulbright as a Faculty Member to be part of the team building a new approach to university education from the ground up. Fulbright seeks scholars and educators who care deeply about developing students as engaged learners and citizens, working in a transdisciplinary and start-up university environment. Our diverse body of students is exceptional, both within Vietnam and internationally. The admissions process is highly competitive, with students selected on the basis of academic excellence, community-mindedness, eagerness to learn, independence, innovation, and autonomy.
Located in Ho Chi Minh City, our institution is in one of Southeast Asia’s most rapidly developing and dynamic cities, offering a blend of traditional and modern cosmopolitan life.
How to apply
If you share our values, are up for the rewards and challenges of working in a non-traditional environment, and have or expect to have a terminal degree or equivalent experience in the arts, humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, computational sciences or engineering, we would love to hear from you. We are particularly seeking applicants with the disciplinary backgrounds listed below, but will consider all qualified applicants.
- Art & Media Studies: candidates with background in Media and Communications Studies with Regional Expertise in Southeast Asia.
- Literature: candidates with background in Literary Studies with an emphasis on Vietnamese and Asian literature.
- Vietnamese Studies: candidates with background in Education, Cultural Studies with a strong background in Vietnam.
- Economics: candidates with background in Macroeconomics, Econometrics, Finance, and Political Economy.
- Social Sciences: candidates with background in Anthropology, Sociology, or Political Science with a regional expertise in Southeast Asia.
- Psychology: candidates with background in Developmental Psychology, Social Psychology, Clinical Psychology (licensed preferred) or Cognitive Psychology.
- History: candidates with background in Modern East Asian history with an emphasis on modern China whose research emphasizes connections between East Asia and Southeast Asia and Vietnam in particular.
- Integrated Sciences: candidates with computational background and expertise in one or more of the following areas: Physics/Materials Science/Biology (bioinformatics)/Chemistry
- Mathematics: candidates with background in Applied Mathematics with emphasis on Financial Mathematics, Applied Probability and Statistics, Engineering Mathematics.
- Computer Science: candidates with a background in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, or Data Science.
- Engineering: candidates with background in an engineering systems-related field, with priority is following fields: Electrical and Computer Engineering, Mechatronics, and Robotics.
Applications are welcome on a rolling basis, however those received before December 1 will receive primary consideration for this hiring cycle. Please apply at this website:
|Primary Category:||Social Sciences