Stanford University, Center for East Asian Studies
2021-22 Chinese Studies Postdoctoral Fellowship
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||California, United States|
The Center for East Asian Studies at Stanford University is pleased to offer a postdoctoral fellowship in Chinese Studies for the 2021-22 academic year. This award is open to scholars in the humanities and social sciences studying any historical period.
The fellowship will begin September 1, 2021 and end August 31, 2022, with a 12-month stipend of approximately $60,000.
Fellows are required to be in residence in the Stanford area during the appointment period; to teach one course during the academic year; and to participate in all regular Center activities. Stanford University Press will have first right of refusal for manuscripts produced during the postdoctoral appointment.
- Applicants must have been awarded their Ph.D. no later than August 31 the year in which the fellowship begins, and may not be more than four years beyond receipt of the doctoral degree at the start of their fellowship.
- In addition to non-affiliated PhD's, this fellowship may be awarded to those who hold continuing, assistant professor-level teaching positions, if they meet other application qualifications.
- U.S. citizenship is not required.
- Those who have received their Ph.D. from Stanford University will not normally be considered.
How to apply:
The 2021-22 application period opens October 5, 2020. The application deadline is January 15, 2021.
Applications will only be accepted via our Interfolio online application portal. No email or paper submissions will be accepted.
The Interfolio application consists of an online Applicant Biographical Information form, and the following required documents:
- Current curriculum vitae
- Research statement for the year of appointment (max. 5-page double-spaced)
- Writing sample (dissertation chapter or other paper) no longer than 30 pages (whether single-spaced or double-spaced)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Two syllabi for proposed courses
John Groschwitz, Associate Director, Center for East Asian Studies: firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Primary Category:||East Asian History / Studies