St. Joseph's College, NY, History
Visiting Assistant Professor, Modern European History
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||New York, United States|
|Position:||Visiting Assistant Professor|
Modern European historian - visiting assistant professor (limited term)
The Department of History at St. Joseph’s College NY, Patchogue campus, invites applications for a limited term (1.5 semesters) visiting assistant professor position in modern European history (roughly 1750-present) beginning January 2021 and lasting through May 2022. The teaching load will be 4 classes per semester, though some semesters will include multiple sections of the same course. Specialization is open to all thematic areas and historical periods, but preference will be given to scholars engaged with Europe and the Global South (colonialism, immigration, decolonization, etc.). The new hire will be considered full-time and have access to healthcare benefits.
Successful candidates will meet the following requirements:
- PhD in history or advanced ABD with defense scheduled for Fall 2020.
- Ability to teach survey courses in modern European history and both halves of Western Civilization.
- Ability to develop and teach introductory special topics courses related to the candidate’s research specialty including specific historical themes and concepts related to global/world history.
- Experience developing and teaching remote, hybrid, and online courses.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Canvas LMS, or similar learning management system, required for delivering course assignments and content.
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial graduate transcripts
- Sample syllabi
- Copies of student evaluations (if available)
- 3 confidential reference letters
A writing sample (preferably an article or book/dissertation chapter) may be requested of finalists.
Candidates should submit cover letter, C.V., unofficial transcripts, sample syllabi, and student evaluations in a single PDF document to email@example.com.
Confidential letters of reference should be sent under separate cover to the same email address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Review of applications will begin on October 22, 2020 and will continue until the position is filled.
St. Joseph's College, NY is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V.
St. Joseph’s College, NY will not provide immigration sponsorship for this position.
SJCNY HISTORY DEPARTMENT SEARCH COMMITTEE email@example.com
|Primary Category:||Modern European History / Studies
|Secondary Categories:||Colonial and Post-Colonial History / Studies