International Christian University, Department of History
Faculty Position in Modern Japanese History
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Position:||Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Full Professor|
International Christian University (ICU) is a private, bilingual university that provides a first-class liberal arts education in a culturally and religiously diverse international community of students, faculty and staff. ICU’s educational mission is based on Christian and democratic principles. ICU has approximately 3,000 students and over 150 faculty members from Japan and overseas. The university is located on a wooded campus in the suburbs of Tokyo.
We are pleased to announce an open search for a full-time faculty position in Japanese history with a particular focus on modern Japanese history. The successful applicant is expected to teach general education, foundation, and area major courses in the College of Liberal Arts, as well as courses in the Graduate School.
Rank & Title
Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor
Term of Employment
1. Assistant Professor: Tenure-track position for an initial five-year term. (The term may be shortened to three years, depending on previous experience). If tenure is approved at the end of the term, the position will be made permanent and promotion to the rank of Associate Professor will be granted.
2. Associate Professor & Professor: Employment until the mandatory retirement age of 65.
April 1st, 2021 or September 1st, 2021
1. Ph.D. or equivalent in modern Japanese history or a related field is required.
2. Language of instruction: English (ability to supervise students in Japanese is desirable.)
3. Christian (of any denomination). In exceptional circumstances, a non-Christian who affirms ICU's Christian ideals and commits to realizing them may be considered.
Deadline for Applications
Applications and supporting materials must be submitted no later than 17:00 September 30th, 2020 (JST). (Deadline may be extended until an appropriate candidate is found.)
Application and Selection Process
1. Register your application online.
2. Submit all the application materials online.
3. After documentary screening, short-listed candidates will be requested to give a lecture and will be interviewed.
For further information about registration, application materials and online submission, please see the document blow.
Professor Kei Nasu
|Primary Category:||Japanese History / Studies
|Secondary Categories:||Asian History / Studies