Keene State College, The Cohen Center for Holocaust and Genocide Studies
Director for the Cohen Center for Holocaust and Genocide Studies
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||New Hampshire, United States|
Keene State College invites applications for the position of Director for the Cohen Center for Holocaust and Genocide Studies. We seek candidates with a passion for the mission of a Center dedicated to teaching the lessons of the Holocaust and the awareness and prevention of genocide. The Director serves as the Center’s chief development officer and provides leadership in fundraising and resource management through the programming of events, public relations, and donor cultivation.
Reporting to the Dean of Arts, Education, and Humanities, the Director oversees the administration of the Center’s resource facility, housed in Keene State College’s Mason Library and recently expanded in 2019, and supervises the Coordinator of Educational Outreach and an administrative assistant. The Director is also responsible for reference work, specialized instruction, and the planning of annual events. The position allows for occasional teaching (no more than one course per year) in the Department of Holocaust and Genocide Studies (HGS), based on the departmental needs and available budget.
Uniquely located at a public liberal arts institution in southwestern New Hampshire with a nationally recognized major in Holocaust and Genocide Studies, the Cohen Center celebrated its 36th anniversary in 2019 and has remained committed to a singular ideal: “To Remember…and to teach.” For information about the Cohen Center for Holocaust and Genocide Studies, visit https://www.keene.edu/cchgs/.
• While a doctorate or terminal degree is preferred, equal consideration will be given to candidates with a Master’s Degree who bring proven administrative, supervisory, leadership, and fundraising experience;
• A commitment and the ability to collaborate effectively with a support team that includes administrative support and management/support for externally focused workshops, training and outreach;
• A demonstrated record of and commitment to fundraising and development;
• The interpersonal and organizational management skills needed to administer the Center and work successfully with both College and broad community constituencies, including an advisory committee and the College’s Development office;
• Represent the work of the Center in the local community, New England, and beyond;
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills;
• A strong record of scholarly engagement in Holocaust and Genocide Studies and/or an established record of writing and speaking in various public media about issues related to the Center’s mission;
• Demonstrated commitment to social justice and social change related to genocide prevention.
Salary commensurate with education and experience, complemented by a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, retirement, tuition, and paid time off. This position is part of the Keene State College Directors & Supervisors Association (KSCDSA).
Application: Apply online at http://jobs.usnh.edu/postings/34235
Applicants should be prepared to upload the following documents when applying online:
• Letter of application addressing the above responsibilities
• Curriculum Vitae
• Contact information for three professional (3) references
Application Deadline: Review of applications to begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled or otherwise closed at the College’s discretion. For full consideration, please submit materials by December 2, 2019.
Keene State College is located in the scenic Monadnock region of Southwest New Hampshire, and is an affiliate of the University System of New Hampshire. We are located approximately 2 hours from Boston or Hartford CT, and 4 hours from New York City. The region contains many opportunities to enjoy outdoor recreation, cultural events, and a strong sense of community. To learn more about Keene State College, the University System of New Hampshire, and the Keene community, please visit: https://www.keene.edu, https://www.usnh.edu/ or https://www.ci.keene.nh.us.
Keene State College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and is engaged in an effort to build a community that reflects the diversity of society. The College prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, or marital status.
Apply online at http://jobs.usnh.edu/postings/34235
|Primary Category:||Holocaust, Genocide, and Memory Studies
|Secondary Categories:||Human Rights