Dartmouth College, The Dickey Center for International Understanding
Post-doctoral Fellows Program in U.S. Foreign Policy and International Security
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||New Hampshire, United States|
The John Sloan Dickey Center for International Understanding at Dartmouth College invites applications for the 2020-21 (September - June) Dartmouth Fellows Program in U.S. Foreign Policy and International Security. Historically, most Fellows have been political scientists and historians, but we welcome applications from any scholar whose research bears directly on foreign policy or international security. While scholars at all stages of their careers will be considered, applicants who are recent recipients of the Ph.D, or equivalent degree, are especially welcomed. Fellows must be in residence during their Fellowship to participate in Dickey Center seminars and events throughout the academic year.
Fellows receive competitive stipends, research support and benefits, comparable to those offered by other fellowship programs. Faculty on leave from their home institutions will receive half of their annual salary, up to $50,000. Dartmouth is an EE/AO employer.
Applications will be evaluated on the basis of the quality and significance of the proposed research and its relevance to foreign policy and international security, and the ability of the applicant to benefit from interaction with and mentoring from Dartmouth faculty.
How to Apply:
Applicants must submit all of the following by Thursday, January 2, 2020 to:
- A curriculum vitae
- Research abstract (200 words max.)
- A statement of up to 1,500 words describing the proposed research project
- A writing sample (50 pp. max)
- Two confidential letters of reference
- Graduate school transcript (Unofficial transcripts are acceptable. Junior faculty and professionals may include a transcript, but are not required to do so.)
- A confidential financial statement on a separate page indicating the applicant’s other sources of support available during fellowship period and—for current faculty only—current salary.
The Dickey Center for International Understanding
|Primary Category:||Social Sciences
|Secondary Categories:||American History / Studies
Diplomacy and International Relations