Visiting Assistant Professor - English
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||New York, United States|
|Position:||Visiting Assistant Professor|
Visiting Assistant Professor/Poet
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research university dedicated to transforming students' lives through small classes with world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with particular strength in our Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World Report, Adelphi is Long Island's oldest private coeducational university, serving more than 8,100 students at its beautiful main campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The University offers students more than 50 undergraduate majors and 70 graduate programs in the liberal arts, the sciences and professional training. With powerful partnerships throughout the New York area, more than 115,000 graduates across the country, a growing enrollment of students from 41 states and 58 countries, and rising rankings from top publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic community that plays a leadership role on Long Island and in the region.
The Adelphi University Department of English seeks a published poet to serve as a Visiting Assistant Professor for the spring semester 2020 (beginning January 27th) through the academic year 2020-21. The candidate should be eager to teach a varied curriculum to a diverse student population.
• The successful candidate will teach classes in contemporary literature, and will instruct both in the multi-genre MFA program and in the undergraduate major.
• Ability to teach the MFA class “Teaching Writing” is desirable.
• Course load is 18 credits (3-3) for the academic year including appropriate departmental responsibilities.
• The Department seeks a published poet, a chapbook or collection is desirable.
• College teaching experience at the MFA level is desirable.
• Possess an interest in creative writing pedagogy.
• Ability to teach contemporary literature, as well as a commitment to literary citizenship, a record of engagement in literary readings, seminars, etc. is desirable.
• Applicants should submit a curriculum vitae, a cover letter that includes a separate paragraph detailing how diversity figures into your past, present, and future teaching and writing, a writing sample, and a list of references.
• To be considered, applications must be submitted through the Adelphi website only.
• The deadline for applications is October 18th.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/1612593
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.