Dalhousie University, Faculty of Computer Science
Instructor in Computer Science (Professional Communication)
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||Nova Scotia, Canada|
The Faculty of Computer Science, Dalhousie University, located in Halifax, Nova Scotia is seeking candidates for a 3-year limited term instructor position.
The position will primarily involve delivering courses on technical and professional communication skills at both undergraduate and graduate levels; and participating in other Faculty administration, student affairs, and student advising. This position involves the delivery of courses such as CSCI 2100: Communication Skills: Oral and Written and CSCI 5100: Written and Oral Communication Skills, as well as other core communication and professional competency courses.
The successful candidate to this position must meet the following requirements:
• At least a Masters degree, with preference given to candidates who hold a PhD.
• Experience in teaching communication courses at the university level
Additional desirable qualifications are as follows:
• A history of excellence in teaching communication courses as well as academic writing at the university level, particularly to large and diverse classes
• Ability to motivate the need for strong communication skills in the software and technology industries
• Experience in teaching large and diverse classes with large numbers of ESL students
• Experience or interest in technology-related fields such as computer science, engineering, history of science and technology, or related fields.
• Experience in academic administration, committee work, and student advising
Eligible candidates are encouraged to apply for this position with a package including (i) a C.V. including a list of three referees (with addresses and email addresses); (ii) a cover letter; (iii) a teaching dossier.
Review of applications will begin on October 15, 2019 and continue until the position is filled. Please also arrange for your referees to forward letters of reference directly to email@example.com by the same deadline.
Location of this advertisement and to apply: http://dal.peopleadmin.ca/postings/2024.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. Dalhousie University is committed to fostering a collegial culture grounded in diversity and inclusiveness. The university encourages applications from Aboriginal persons, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and all candidates who would contribute to the diversity of our community. For more information, please visit www.dal.ca/hiringfordiversity.
|Secondary Categories:||History of Science, Medicine, and Technology