Pepperdine University, Switzerland Campus
Visiting Professor, American History
|Institution Type:||College / University|
For its Lausanne campus in Switzerland, Pepperdine University is seeking a professor to teach its “History of the American Peoples” course to undergraduate students (Bachelors program) in the spring semester (January to April 2020). This course provides a historical overview of the American Peoples from pre-colonial times to the present, exploring the variety of American experience in the context of political, social, and intellectual developments and requires approximately 3 hours of teaching per week, usually divided into 2 sessions.
Starting date: 13 January 2020
- Teach one course per semester
- Prepare a course syllabus for each course offered
- Attend faculty meetings (two in the spring)
- Assist students by providing constructive feedback during brief office hours, before and after course sessions and via email
- Respond to student inquiries via email
Education, experience, competencies, and skills:
- Advanced degree in History, preferably a Ph.D.
- Experience in teaching History, preferably American History, in a university environment
- Investment in the field of History or American History, as demonstrated through research and publishing
- Fluent English (at least C1 level)
- Understanding of American culture, university students, and student culture
To apply: applicants must submit the following documents to Karine Grivet at email@example.com: 1.) a cover letter, 2.) a CV, and 3.) work certificates. Final applicants will be asked and agree to a university background check.
Karine Grivet, Assistant Director, Lausanne Program
|Primary Category:||American History / Studies