Nan Tien Institute, Applied Buddhist Studies
Nan Tien Institute, Wollongong NSW AUSTRALIA
Reference number ABS231
Lecturer in Applied Buddhist Studies (level B)
Fixed Term full-time (3 years) position available
Nan Tien Institute (NTI) is a private, not for profit, higher education provider offering studies in the areas of Buddhist Studies, Health and Wellbeing. NTI operates from its own state-of-the-art campus and fosters an environment for holistic learning based upon contemplative education.
Accredited by the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA), Nan Tien Institute offers postgraduate programs in Applied Buddhist Studies, Humanistic Buddhism, Health and Social Wellbeing, and Mental Health, as well as customised Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programs and special interest subjects across the areas of meditation and health.
- Preparing and delivering lectures, and conducting tutorials and seminar sessions
- Preparing and marking essays, assignments and examinations
- Advising students on academic and related matters
- Attending departmental and faculty meetings, conferences and seminars
- Supervising research of postgraduate students
- Participating in setting course and degree requirements, curriculum revision and academic planning
- Conducting research in Buddhist Studies
- Participate in online delivery when required
- Discipline-related PhD
- Knowledge of at least one of the languages of the Buddhist textual traditions (preferably, Sanskrit, Pali or Classical Tibetan)
- Theoretical and practical knowledge/experience of Buddhist meditation
- Teaching and research experience in Buddhist Studies at tertiary level
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prepare and provide course materials
- Evidence of upholding the Buddhist values and ethos of the Nan Tien Institute
- Qualification and/or experience in the broader field of Education (at various levels)
- Experience in postgraduate supervision of student research
How to apply:
Please provide us with a copy of your resume and cover letter addressing the above selection criteria.
Closing date Monday 30 September 2019.
Nan Tien Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For enquiries please contact Human Resources on 02 4258 0746 or email firstname.lastname@example.org