Brandeis University, Strategic Initiatives
Director, Undergrad-Faculty Research Partnership (R0000635)
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||Massachusetts, United States|
Reporting to the Senior Associate Dean for Strategic Initiatives, the Director of Undergraduate-Faculty Research Partnerships will collaborate with senior leadership to expand the availability of independent research for undergraduates working with faculty during the academic year and the summer.
For full consideration please apply by August 1, 2019.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Increase the visibility of existing undergraduate research at the university
- Works with the Division Heads and department chairs to develop a strategic plan to support the growth of undergraduates-faculty research partnerships.
- Establishes relationships and educates faculty and undergraduates across Arts & Sciences on how to approach research partnerships. Provides systematic mentoring to students in research partnerships and faculty looking to begin partnering with students. Develops a structured approach to matching students and faculty, supporting them during the semester/summer, and assessing the effectiveness of their matches. This includes developing new project with faculty that will accommodate undergraduates and benefit faculty (possibly pursuing grants to fund these)
- Partners with stakeholders across campus (in the Library, the Center for Teaching and Learning, Academic Services, Human Subjects Review, etc.) to provide student research assistants the basic training required for their research positions.
- Creates and keep up to date a web portal that centralizes the resources and opportunities available for students and faculty in partnerships and highlights models of successful partnerships. Pilots ways to ensure equity in the distribution of these opportunities across students.
- Develops an annual research symposium to highlight student-faculty partnerships on campus and connects students to off-campus research conferences in which they can share their work.
- Partners with Corporate & Foundation Relations and Institutional Advancement to develop materials required for grant applications and individual fund-raising.
- Explores avenues for collaboration with other research institutions in the Boston area that would provide additional research opportunities for students.
- A PhD and 3-5 years related experience in higher education, including student and faculty facing work.
- Experience writing grants
- Experience developing initiatives and bringing them to production
- Ability to productively interact with faculty and students, run workshop or classroom sessions, and use websites and social media to promote a program.
- Demonstrated experience working across-disciplines and across academic units.
How To Apply:
|Primary Category:||Research and Methodology