National University of Singapore, Sociology
TWO EDUCATOR TRACK POSITIONS (LECTURER/SENIOR LECTURER), TO BEGIN IN JANUARY 2020
|Institution Type:||College / University|
NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, TWO EDUCATOR TRACK POSITIONS (LECTURER/SENIOR LECTURER), TO BEGIN IN JANUARY 2020
Successful candidates must have
• A Ph.D. in Sociology or Anthropology from an internationally acclaimed institution at the time of appointment.
• Excellent communication skills and dedication to academic teaching excellence and collegiality. A strong and diverse teaching portfolio is a must.
• To be considered for a senior position, apart from the above, a candidate must demonstrate the potential to be research active.
A leading global university centred in Asia, the National University of Singapore is a leader of scientific and social scientific research in the city-state of Singapore. Its transformative education includes a broad-based curriculum underscored by multi-disciplinary courses and cross-faculty enrichment, as well as special programmes which allow students to realise their potential. Over 30,000 students from 100 countries further enrich the community with their diverse social and cultural perspectives, making campus life vibrant and exciting.
The Department of Sociology offers Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral degrees in Social Sciences and contributes to interdisciplinary programmes in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences. The Department stands among the top sociology departments in Asia, and specializes in sociological and anthropological research on Asian societies. We have about forty faculty members in diverse fields such as family, demography, stratification, medical sociology, comparative-historical sociology, socio-cultural anthropology, and cultural studies. The Department attracts graduate students internationally and we have a postgraduate programme in which students have the option to complete a Ph.D. in either Sociology or Anthropology. (http://www.fas.nus.edu.sg/soc/)
The university emphasizes excellence in both teaching and research, with internationally competitive salaries and opportunities for substantial research funding. The successful candidate is also expected to supervise graduate students at the Masters and Ph.D. level. As the university’s medium of instruction is English, applicants must exhibit a high level of English-competency.
Applicants should submit the following materials online at this website: https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/13580
- Full CV
- Letter of Interest
- Research statement
- Teaching statement
- Evidence of teaching ability such as student feedback or peer review reports, and/or evidence of other contributions to education, if available.
- A list of 4 external referees (names, contact details, applicant’s relationship to them).
- NUS Personal Particulars and NUS Personal Data Consent Form (downloadable http://www.fas.nus.edu.sg/soc/positions.html)
For enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is 15 June 2019. Campus visits will be in late August-early September 2019. Early applications are encouraged so as to get full consideration by the committee. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
For additional information about these vacancies, please consult our web site at http://www.fas.nus.edu.sg/soc/positions.html