Alamo Community College District, History
Faculty Instructor in History
|Institution Type:||Two-Year College|
|Location:||Texas, United States|
Faculty Instructor (History) SAC - req5458
If you are a TRS or ORP retiree please contact Employment at email@example.com for clarification
on eligibility of this position.
Applications should include the following items Include: cover letter, curriculum vitae, statement of teaching and service philosophy, unofficial copies of graduate transcripts, sample syllabus for either half of the two semester U.S. history survey, contact information for three professional references, sample assignment for an introductory U. S. course which assesses one or both of the following learning outcomes: 1. create an argument through the use of historical evidence 2. analyze and interpret primary and secondary sources.
Posting closes on: 5/4/2019 at 6:00pm CST
The date after which applications are not guaranteed review is 5/4/2019
Employment type: FA
Hours per Week: Varies
Hourly or Salaried: Salary
Entry Pay: Depends on education level
Funding source: Hard Money
Benefits Eligible: Yes
1300 San Pedro Ave.
San Antonio, Texas, 78212
Requisition #: req5458
Outside working hours if other than M-F 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.: Evenings and weekends may be required
Job Summary and Description
Full-time members of the faculty are professional educators who have the primary responsibility of fulfilling the Alamo Colleges’ mission, vision, values, and goal of providing a quality education for all students attending the colleges. Faculty members are classified according to the ranks of Instructor, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, and Professor. Faculty members are protected by academic freedom and bound by its accompanying responsibilities. They are responsible to a College President, Chancellor, and Board of Trustees through the chain of command and accountable to the Board’s policies and administrative procedures. The relationship of the faculty member to the student is one of leader, teacher, adviser, and facilitator of learning.
Faculty job descriptions are defined for Full-Time Teaching Faculty, Adjunct Teaching Faculty, Librarian
Faculty, and Counselor Faculty. Faculty Chairpersons have a separate job description.
To view a complete job description, click here.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Master's degree in the teaching discipline or a Master's degree in another field with at least 18 hours post-graduate studies in the teaching discipline
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Ph.D. with a strong emphasis on U.S. History, but a willingness to teach and/or experience teaching a variety of History courses.
- Experience and demonstrated excellence in teaching the introductory courses at a community college, or experience and demonstrated excellence teaching in a small classroom environment.
- Evidence of ability to support and assess students’ attainment of course learning outcomes.
- Evidence of active engagement with scholarly and pedagogical issues within the field and the profession.
- Focus on contributing in significant ways to the missions of the History program and San Antonio College.
- Demonstrated ability to work and serve collaboratively and effectively as part of a department, disciplinary team, or committee.
- Evidence of ability to effectively engage with diverse populations.
Alamo Colleges is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Erik Anderson, Ph.D.
Marianne Bueno, Ph.D.
Search Committee Chair
|Primary Category:||American History / Studies