Asian University for Women, Politics, Philosophy & Economics (PPE)
Faculty, Comparative Politics or Political Economy
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Position:||Tenure Track Faculty|
Faculty Position in Politics, Philosophy & Economics
The Asian University for Women (AUW) seeks applications for a full-time faculty position in the Politics, Philosophy and Economics (PPE) Undergraduate Program, to begin in August 2019. Located in the port city of Chittagong, Bangladesh, AUW is a liberal arts institution, including an international faculty and home to over 600 students from 16 Asian countries. The university is dedicated to teaching excellence in a liberal arts setting, with a strong commitment to research and scholarly engagement. Further information about AUW is available at http://www.auw.edu.bd.
Field of expertise: Political Science (Comparative Politics or Political Economy), with an emphasis on quantitative research methodologies in social science; commitment to interdisciplinarity and relevance to developing Asian countries. Applicants from any area of competence and specialization in PPE will be considered.
Academic Rank: Ranging from Assistant Professor to Professor, based on experience.
Start Date: August 25, 2019; 1-year contract, renewable based on satisfactory performance.
Gross Compensation Package: Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Included benefits: deferred compensation, accommodation, annual travel, health insurance. Non-Bangladeshi citizens eligible for income tax exemption in Bangladesh.
- Doctoral degree in Political Science, or related field, from a recognized university.
- Evidence of teaching excellence.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills using statistical packages.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with others through speaking, listening, reading, and writing.
- Plan, develop, and teach courses and seminars for undergraduate students with PPE and Economics major and minor.
- Serve as academic advisor and mentor to students.
- Supervise students in developing and implementing senior thesis projects including guiding them in data analysis, thesis writing and presentation.
- Attract funding and engage in research.
- Provide leadership and service on academic committees.
Teaching requirement: six 4-credit courses per academic year; expected to teach in the following areas of study: Political Science, Quantitative Research in Social Sciences, Political Economy, Comparative Politics, Development Studies, and/or Core courses in Social and Political Analysis.
Application deadline: Until the position is filled.
Please submit a cover letter, CV, and the names of three references, along with a teaching statement and research statement as PDF files to Ms. Katsuki Sakai, Managing Director, Asian University for Women Support Foundation (Katsuki.Sakai@asian-university.org) and Ms. Kiko Wemmer, Senior Projects Officer, Asian University for Women Support Foundation (Kiko.Wemmer@asian-university.org).
Clearly write in bold the position to which you are applying. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Asian University for Women
20/A M.M. Ali Road
Tel: +1.617.914.0500 | Fax: +1.617.354.0247
|Primary Category:||Political Science
|Secondary Categories:||Diplomacy and International Relations